Anyone fitted an HID Kit?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Just wondered if anyone on here had fitted an HID kit, to any Micra / car? I'm thinking of getting some, just can't decide between the 4300K or 6000K colours.

Post up photos if you have!

SirChris

Educated Bodger
And blind all road users tut tut :D I would be curious to know if that stuff burns holes in the light fixtures.. surely it must run brighter than normal bulbs?

James

Chairman
Unless you have projectors on your headlights it's a bad idea to get HIDs as they can quite easily dazzle other road users.

Plus it's an MOT fail

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I am well aware of the legalities of them, I just asked if anyone had them!

There's no reason for it not to. Having them shuttered stops any light reflecting off the bottom of the headlight reflector preventing glare. The only time the shutter opens is when i put the high beam on. Its the best of both worlds, i get bright white headlights and no one gets dazzled.
I've never been pulled for them or had other drivers flash at me profusely because of them.

I would if i could, unfortunately in having to sorn the car, as i cant drive for a year due to a medical condition i have. But if you were unsure about doing it due to possibly failing your mot. Granted you fit them well they'll a piece of piss to remove and make standard for the mot

babe9ajy.jpg

Like these bad boys :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup and I was very drunk when I bought then didn't no i had until they turned up ( im useless with money even tho you probbally guessed that lol ) by then apparently it was too late to send back :/ so i just fitted them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I got mine for 44 pounds off ebay without ballasts. An extra 15 quid for ballasts set me back round 65 euro, basically same as hid kit. How much were yours?? I thought I was going to be the first one to do it :( lol btw that looks brilliant, hope mine looks that good

this is an extract from hid regulations
In summary: it is not permitted to convert an existing halogen headlamp unit for use with HID bulbs. The entire headlamp unit must be replaced with one designed and approved for use with HID bulbs and it must be installed in accordance with the rules stated above.

use the link below to open a pdf and read the requirements for the type approval for hids

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...gO-8ueAE9cgJ_Pg&bvm=bv.82001339,d.d24&cad=rja

there is nothing worse than having a vehicle behind or coming towards you with dangerous hids fitted that blind you ,aftermarket basic kits should be banned the only type that should be allowed for sale would be if they came in a kit form
so they where self leveling have a headlight washer system and new type approved headlight units.
if you are going to do a job do it properly if you cant afford to do it properly then dont do it.

get the projectors from aliexpress or other chinese site and all your missing is the headlight washer as long as your lenses are clear. Mine even pass spanish mot to my surprise

I mean just the projector and the you split the headlight and fit it. The low beam sheil maybe points wrong but you can change them no prob just flip them. apart from that the headlights just need adjusting maybe