anyone convert the rear engine subframe bolts to rigid?

Hello out there

started the battle with front crossmember, also changing the engine mounts.

Question is- why theres a rigid joint between subframe and crossmember:

images

and a ****ty cushion-thing between subframe and body?

p9190101-jpg.21028

I was wondering, why not convert this to rigid one? will it twist the body and engine will jump out from bay or what? :D

I'm not a engeenier, but using the rigid joint at one side and loose at the other is quite stupid, it causes crossmember to work under much tension....

another thing is that spare crossmebers are just piece of wisely bent tin can :D looks like theres not as stiff as stock ones, especialy the "back" where radiator mounts are...

anyone did something like that? Maybe for motorsport? Durability is most important thing, I know that body can vibrate after this, but I can accept this rather that swaping those rubber bands all the time

cheers

serious businness :eek: but I rather think about weld-in spacers, or sheet of metal with holes matched to whole-thread screw M8. But this is "rigid" way.
I still think how to solve this, at mine polish forums people using Fiat 126 shock absorber rubber spacers. I've also can use construction-type thick rubber for floor mats etc...

I noticed just now I can just use normal screws with huge spacer ,and somehow test how the rigid joint will work... o_O

Back