Anyone changed a K12 wishbone yet?

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I've done my droplinks (which were totally shot) but suspension clonking is still present. Suspect it could be lower balljoint :mad:...

Check the rubber bushes on the wishbone by using a length of rod ie a trolley jack handle in the gap to check for play. I've noticed that these rubber parts tend to perish causing this problem. A ball joint wouldnt really cause a clonk, a severely worn shock absorber would though. I had to replace the fronts on my last Almera as there was side/side play in the shocker shaft which caused a massive clonk

Cheers bud, just replaced all the shocks and the droplinks (which were well shafted). Tbh, just want it fixed now, gonna book it into a local place one day this week :).

Just to add also, when braking you can feel a sort of rough squirming and general 'not good-ness' though the steering wheel. I did think about wishbone bushes. At least replacing them would replace all 3 joints at the same time.

Just to add again, it's just passed 116,000 miles so everything's starting to wear out.

Right, booked in at a very reputable local place on Thursday :).

Just put some new tyres on mine and the mobile fitter told me there was alot of play in my wishbones. I knew there was a little but when I checked it had got alot worse, the rear bush was split nearly all the way round. Anyways I got a pair of new wishbones Non genuine delivered today from AAP Oldham Tel 01616286199 delivered for £65.90. The offside was ok having removed the pinch bolt on the lower part of the hub it was soon off. The problem is that mine is an Auto and according to the FSM, it states you have to remove the entire cross member to do the Nearside arm as the front bolt hits the auto tranny and theres Not enough space to remove it. At least I dont have to remove the engine/box, just the rear mount and a load of bolts to remove the cross member. So the the nearside will have to wait for another day.

Just done the NS wishbone. Didnt have to remove the subframe just loosened all the bolts which gave me enough room to remove the bolt. Had the same problem again with the bottom pinch bolt which was seized solid. In the end I removed the hub and old wishbone after removing the caliper etc. I then toom it to a mate whom heated it up with some Oxy and we used an air prowered wrench. The bolt was knackered so good job I ordered a couple of new ones the other day! Job done

Back