Anyone been in a CTR?

Ian

Ex. Club Member
I'm considering getting a Civic type R early january. Anyone ever been in one? Or better yet drove one? I'm not expecting blistering performance, its going to be slower then my current car, but im really sick of maintaining a 15 year old jap car. What are they like for comfort? Space for rear passengers?

Ive been in one a couple of times, same sort of performance as my almera gti with a few mods

The space in the back is pretty good and they handle fine

My advice is go and look/test drive one

The one i had been in was the special addition one, with all the special bucket seats and different alloys etc etc

(Im guessing you mean the old type r)

Ive been in one a couple of times, same sort of performance as my almera gti with a few mods

The space in the back is pretty good and they handle fine

My advice is go and look/test drive one

The one i had been in was the special addition one, with all the special bucket seats and different alloys etc etc

(Im guessing you mean the old type r)

EP3 shape. My old GTi had a manifold, catback and JWT's. id expect more performance from it then that?

Seriously now, mine has breathing mods, ebay exhaust mani, de cat, chipped, lightened fly

And when i went against a type r and seat leon (1.8T) They couldnt get round me

hmm not too bad considering its weight. And the fact it'll be clean. Speed isn't a huge factor, i mainly want fun :)

my friend had one, he said they where amazing but heavy on fuel useage. i havnt drove one so i cant judge wether thats true or not but hey!

Ian I've drove one a cupple of times and I think there realy good, so much better gear shift due to it's location bit strange to get used to though, good ride and quight smooth (Y) it's just a nice modern car realy

but they are very thurstey when it comes to fuel

Great car and they ar not bad on fuel compared to some other 2litre cars the k20 engine is very economical

The only other one i know of was another friends, black one...had the vtec modifing laptop in it

Something about lowering the vtec

That was quick as, with a spoon system, sounded amazing

i dont understand people who lower the vetc, the 2 sets of cams are designed to work with each other, if you bring the vtec cams in sooner your loosing low end torqe. very daft.

i know when there tuned up perfect they do help. its the idiots im talking about that drop the vtec cam down to 2000rpm. total fail :D

but dont get me wrong, theres always ways to play with them to get them better, i mean spoon wouldnt make something if it was pointless. im arguing with myself lol :D

I owned an EP3 for 4 years and must say its a really nice to drive. Good space for passenger roomy. Boot is big enough to hold a full Asda shopping trolley of goods or in your case Morrison in Jarrow lol. It has nice mod-con. Got one of the best cup holders that pulls out on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Good placement of dashboard dials.

ok to the bit you want to hear about. 0-60 in around 6.2secs rev the bollox off it I think it bonces off at around 8000rpms. redlines around 7700rpm

Ratio:
1=40mph
2=60mph
3=80mph
4=100mph
5=125mph
6=156mph (I've got 135mph very slow after 130 to get any more out of it)

You'll be shifting like a mofo but thats part of the fun.

full tank is 10 gallons ish
Eco driving =350-380miles (low cabin noise.)
Rag the bollox = 250-270miles

First Thing I change the airfilter you'll get better engine noise and you can actually hear the vtec kicking in. That was the only mod i did on my civic bar the alloys.

Going to fast round corners gives slight under-steer being FWD

Have to watch your speed as its rather refined hitting 100 feels like 70 so keep an eye on ya speed.

Took on an Golf R32 was keeping up with him (well he was creeping away every so slightly) till we hit over a ton and he was pulling like a mofo.

Well after my engine going on my micra I was tempted and almost bought a CTR again. as I do like the V-Tec. and I just love the EP3 shape.

Hope that helps, I know you wont be disappointing with it. Good luck with your choice.(Y)

cheers for the input guys. Revving the car to move fast doesn't bother me as you have to do that with every car anyway, when im giving it some in the 200 i change at 6k before hte T28 runs out of puff.

I'm off to get a 4k loan next week, so i'll have 6 or 7 grand to play with. I can't really think of anything else that ticks the boxes i require. Unless i go silly and get an Rb25'd 14 or a 180sx... But i doubt it :)

Back