anybody here into cycling?

mullet

Ex. Club Member
im just wondering what people hobbies are by cycling i meanlike, bmx, mtb(crosscountry, dj, free ride, downhill etc) road racing you know what i mean

i do a fir bit my self so was just wondering

sorry if its in the wrong place
:D

I used to love downhilling. The last time I went I had to have my balls sewn back together. That hurt. I got a horn in the crotch mid flight haha. Rip

i bmx'n and i know kenny (jim_bling) does too iv done free style but mainly just street. also do motocross nd iv had my share of crashes and pain lol hmmmm....but yet.....we still do it lol :devil:

Used to do downhill and cross country many years ago. More of a fair weather rider these days. Need to drag the bike out the garage and give it a good service, might have to treat myself to a new bike this year I think. Currently riding on old Giant Boulder Alulite that got very little of the original kit it came with on it.

downhill, Team global Orange 222, 2006 Rockshox boxxer world cups, deemax wheel set, middle burn cranks, michelin com32 tyres, azonic controls, hope brakes (m4) sram x0 gears.

BMX stock DK 6pak with retro white tyres.

Road Carrera TDF ltd eddition.

Trail Azonic Ds1 in custom flip paint with chrome azonic decals, Marzocchi 66 forks in custom candy gold, avid juicy brakes, sram x9 gear set, shimano Hone crankset, hope hollow BB, hope headset....

DH bike stolen 2 years ago..
but i love my exersize bike atm..lol

my best mate rides for Solid bikes and his brother is sponsored by Sheffield hallam university. they are very high up in the national scene....

one does 4x and DH the other 4x and bmx...... James norton and Richard norton.. look them up..lol

kool,
i bmx (mankind kingdom frame, odyssey hazzard rear wheel, 20 wind front wheel, odyssey dirt forks, fit flow bars, coalition pova stem ltd, 90s profile cranks lol, superstar 25t sprocket)
i also mtb (ns surge frame, rockshox pikes in white, gt bar and stem :S, ddg 20mm through front hub on a mavic rim, some shimano wheel from a hardrock on the rear, shimano hones, full deore groupset maxis advantage tyres, hays 9 hydraulic brakes)

i have a late 80s-early 90s (older than myself) road bike as well (neil orrell custom frame and forks, selle italia seat ti rails in yellow, campag crank set, shimano 501 rear mech, campag front mech, shimano down tube shifters, wolber rear rim on mavic freewheel, mavic front rim on campag hub, recentley fitted a new set of shimano brakes that are kinda oldish, cinelli bars and stem, new bontrager bartape in yellow, strong lite headseat) the road bike has wone two scottish championships and came 3 in some british campionship before i was born lol

my mate has and are you ready for this?..lol

Iron horse sundae with full world cup setup
Bianci tour de france winning frame from 1980 something, carbon wheels etc
Giant Team ACID 4x frame with limited eddition green hope wheels
Foes DHS Mono with Kernutt forks and Foes wheels, foes finishing kit (pimp!!)
Azonic Evo2 in white with rockshox Reba World cup forks, gold raceface finishing kit,
Santa cruz chamelion frame unbuilt
Solid works DH bike (08 spec)
Proflex carbon frame with proflex forks,
etc etc hundreds of spares.....

hes 22 with a modified 08 plate ford focus ST with over 300bhp and his daddy pays for it all... GIT

no he owns a company called Brianplant, look it up. lol
he imports and leises fork trucks, heavy loaders, cranes, dup trucks, bull dozers etc etc. he has the uk's only Komatsu D575 (worlds biggest bull dozer)

i am into dirt jumping, just as a bit of fun, but only really in the summer, just enjoy hopping about on the back wheel lol

also like to ride into work when i can, proper cross country stuff

ive recentley just taken my bmx apart im thinking about colour coding it the same as the car lol so it will slook kisk assss on the roof bars :p

i was into bmx i spent most the time buying and building them than anything, kinnda went off bmx's after me and my step bro went a 6 mile down hill race and crashed into each other about 200 yards from the finishing line, Broke my jaw haha

i bmx and i skateboard as well used to roller blade at one point just gettin back in to bmxing at this point just looking for a decent back wheel atm

All Mountain, cross country, downhill jumping. Basically

Bike is a Curtis Super-X frame, Marzocchi DJ3's. SRAM and Truvativ drivetrain, Shimano LX hydro discs, easton stem and bars, Alex rims.

flipping heck! micra and mtb seems to be the link!
love it, you can even see my dh bike in the background of my blog. i do loads of cycling,
i have got a specialized bighit for downhill duties - i go to les gets in the summer, such good riding to be had.
i have a specialized sx for freeride, all mountain - anytime when i cant decide what bike to go on. lol. though, that may be being sold soon (800 - pm for spec)
i have a kinesis xc120 for xc duties, ride every tuesday night in a club, i also race nationals, (best result 4th at nps xc)
and finally have a cyclocross bike, i race during the cross season (sept till feb) races are most saturdays and is regional, though liam killeen and nick craig have made appearances!
love all sorts of biking, its the way.
also, a big fan of rock climbing.

WestHillBike1.jpg

The Curtis

a couple of my old bikes are on pink bike. i had an azonic steelhead frame when they first came out, my frame was number 0003. waaaay before they got popular. but it weighed more than my giant DH rig, and that was a tank.

jst found this thread. lol,
i used to be mad into ridin' done lots of downhill and freeriding then got into trials.
i broke / sold all my bikes now, part from my trusty onza 20incher. still jump around on that now and again.
after christmas im gunna try and get a hold of a stinky or a big hit and get back in to it.

Wow, a suprising amount of riders!
I used to be into riding downhill, raced for a couple of months but it got expensive so just went back to normal riding. Did a lot of DJing as well, but broke my foot riding BMX few months back and havn't ridden since...Plus I can drive now haha.
Used to race on this, its in bits now though.
pbpic2421876.jpg

And here's a pic of me racing sometime last year.
pbpic2504141.jpg

jst found this thread. lol,
i used to be mad into ridin' done lots of downhill and freeriding then got into trials.
i broke / sold all my bikes now, part from my trusty onza 20incher. still jump around on that now and again.
after christmas im gunna try and get a hold of a stinky or a big hit and get back in to it.

just noticed this :D
my work has a 06 coiler going for 850 needs new forks though

I did the Manchester to Blackpool bike ride back in July. Took like 7 hrs as i did no training, rode a mountain bike with all around tyres and had dodgy gears meaning i had to flick up 2 and down 1 to go up 1 gear and then down 2 and up one to go down 1 gear lol...

apart from that it was an amazing experience and i will be doing it again next year (hopefully on a better bike, roll on the cycle to work scheme)

looks like i'm the only one for road racing/time trailing then, oh well... :blush:

my old ralligh road bike hasnt seen the light of day since i got my first car - might try and ressurect it for the summer, although i suspect replaicing the rusted parts will be prohibitive....

my dads got a hand-built Claude Butler road race frame knocking around somewhere too, my grandad used to race with him and had Claude build him a bike for his birthday - sadly its too small for either of us now tho :(

Back