Any ideas ?

Hey guys I have a S reg 1l micra 16v and I have a small inclination to modify it slightly, but I'm not 100% sure what I want to do. I know I want to fit something like either lowering springs and maybe some other suspension parts to reduce the amount of lean I get when driving enthusiastically. But I don't want it to turn out looking like one of the local boy racer cars. Also want to fit some wider wheels so it will handle better don't know what sort of thing to go for any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
mike-f
Thanks mark, new to the modifing thing but that thread has given me some great ideas but a whole lot of new problems haha like one where best to buy some fairly low priced lowering springs and tyres seem like they might be an issue as i kinda want my standard wheels banded also need to find somewhere to get them done ahaha oh well stuff to work on haha

OP
OP
mike-f
Hey guy's
so I didn't want to post a million threads up and annoy people (lol) so i thought I would post it in here where i have made one already.
I'm contemplating getting some banded steelies but I don't really want to have to send some wheel across the country or pay £300 for it so i was wondering if anyone knows of a place in devon somewhere that does it or sommerset or bristol would be okay.
roughly how wide can I go on standard arches without changing them at all ?

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Have you got an oval track nearby, somewhere that hosts stockcar or hotrod races - I bet those guys know someone. Have a trip down one Sunday morning, watch some racing, enjoy and e-coli burger and ask around.

OP
OP
mike-f
so just a quick thought when I fit some lowering srings do i need to fit new shocks ? i found these on ebay I'm a little confused on how cheap they are but would it be a good shout I have read allot of people use corsa shocks because they are shorter and stuff but I don't want to go too low was only looking at fitting 35's on