Any ideas on custom fog lights?

should be easy if they're aftermarket mate, just need to find somewhere to mount the switch and use a relay and inline fuse. Probs wiring diagrams out there but can do you a diagram if you need.

Switch to square front numberplate and mount ones on brackets either side of plate in the grill bit of bumper?

I bought rectangular fog lights (ring automotive ones)
I took out my indicators, put fogs there and bought some square wing indicators and popped them in behind and wired them accordingly. Setup now changed :)

Well thanks :D haha but it's easy to do even when you dont have the Super S parts. The Hella commet 400 are also made of glass and dont have the black border that the genuine foglights have. About placing them it's easy! (since the Hella lights wern't genuine I had to improvise brackets myself) I did it without drilling are damaging any parts of the car!

So I took studs (threaded rots) as brackets to support the foglights. If you screw your blinkers of the front bumper and look inside, you'll see the metal that is supporting the plastic bumper. There should be a rather large hole where you can but the studs trough, bolt them up and you will have your bracket for supporting the foglights! Cut the studs at desired length and mount your foglights on it.

For the electrical part yet again, it is easy! Buy a relay that works on 12v with one normal open contact. The coil you connect to the 12v at the foglightswitch of the rear foglights, the 0v you connect to the black wire with one white dot on it (there are multiple black wires with 1 white spot on it, they all act as ground ;) ). Get 12v of a fuse (take the fuse of front lights wich has more amps to put to) and use it to connect the Normal Open contact of the relay. From the contact you go to the foglight and from the foglight you can take the chassis of your car as ground :)

Should be up and running in no time!

Back