Any ideas on Budget tyres for the wee micra?

Hi folks,
Was just wondering if anyone could recommend a brand of budget tyres for the micra?
I usually get jinyu but they are getting harder to find now.
Has anyone used the Easywheels online site for booking in their car for tyres?

Many thanks for ideas you can come up with..

How about Kumho? I think they are reasonably reviewed, and only a few bucks more than the cheapest. With budget tyres it's probably best to take it easy when the roads are wet.

£40 per tyre fitted is the lowest I've ever been willing to go. How are you defining "budget"?
£43 for a conti eco contact 5 each £185 or something for 4 and those were 185/60/14 But grip ,lower road noise ,smooth and help on female pretty good on the back roadsm

I had some alloys on with cheap brand new budget tyres on and road noise and grip were awful, could soon in 3 and weirdly chucked a lot of dirt up on the car
Funny as the car originally had firestone tyres( like to eco contact 3) and tho even been 17 year old gripped nicely in the rain or dry

Most budget tyres seem To be made of a hard rubber and can last fairly long suppose they maybe better for hotter climates? But as well a lot seem to have a outer layer that as it wears your trip seem to decrease.

What size you after? And budget?
Also thought of part worn? Or looked on ebay much as you can pick up almost new tyres someone does not want for cheap,

If your budget is tight your best bet is to buy good quality part worns.

As above if you look on ebay you can find some that's only done a few hundred miles so still got really good tread and pick up a good deal.

£43 for a conti eco contact 5 each £185 or something for 4 and those were 185/60/14 But grip ,lower road noise ,smooth and help on female pretty good on the back roadsm

I had some alloys on with cheap brand new budget tyres on and road noise and grip were awful, could soon in 3 and weirdly chucked a lot of dirt up on the car
Funny as the car originally had firestone tyres( like to eco contact 3) and tho even been 17 year old gripped nicely in the rain or dry

Most budget tyres seem To be made of a hard rubber and can last fairly long suppose they maybe better for hotter climates? But as well a lot seem to have a outer layer that as it wears your trip seem to decrease.

What size you after? And budget?
Also thought of part worn? Or looked on ebay much as you can pick up almost new tyres someone does not want for cheap,

Thats a fair point.
I've been looking at all options
I got 20k out of the jinyus.
I was just looking at something around 35 to 40 for a new tyre with some sort of known brand name. Even chinese jinyu have been around 20 years
Mine are 165/60R 14.

i was just wondering if anyone had had experience of a half cheap chiness tyres as some of them must be o.k.

As above if you look on ebay you can find some that's only done a few hundred miles so still got really good tread and pick up a good deal.
o.k. cheers, i'll keep an eye on ebay (y)

If those were the ones you sold me I'll need some new tyres before they get chucked on the car ;)
Naw I've had a few sets of alloys as well as steelies I got when doing a few micra s up and used a few of them last year when working on the car and when I had a blown tyre , tho I almost had a steelie fall off haha, nuts pulled through, so I scrapped them
But I'm not a fan of the stock wheels or tyres on the 1.3 , it's why I'm keeping with the 185/60/14 conti specially as I throw the car about a bit , those aren't all that bad but didn't like been thrown about compared to the conti
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...A0.H0.X165+60+14.TRS0&_nkw=165+60+14&_sacat=0
Those are cheap and cheerful and cannot complain too much , or if you go for the 165/65/14 those are pretty cheap and correct the gearing a bit on the k11

165/60 R14, ..just looking for a budget brand , chiness with a bit of a half decent track record would be fine.(y)
Well........having had some very bad experiences with Wanli tyres on my old Saab 9-3 you can imagine my horror at finding a brand new set of Chinese 'Triple A' tyres (225-45-17) on the car when I bought my Saab 9-3 Sport Wagon :mad:. I was all ready to replace them with some decent rubber straight away. However I found them surprisingly good in both wet and dry conditions and when the fronts wore down after about 12K miles, had no problem in replacing them with more of the same. You can get them in your size HERE , though don't know if the quality is size specific?

Good idea D, hopefully some will come available.

Well........having had some very bad experiences with Wanli tyres on my old Saab 9-3 you can imagine my horror at finding a brand new set of Chinese 'Triple A' tyres (225-45-17) on the car when I bought my Saab 9-3 Sport Wagon :mad:. I was all ready to replace them with some decent rubber straight away. However I found them surprisingly good in both wet and dry conditions and when the fronts wore down after about 12K miles, had no problem in replacing them with more of the same. You can get them in your size HERE , though don't know if the quality is size specific?

good point, theres some good chiness tyres around if you are in the know.
I will look local at wanli as I have hear on here that many garages don't take kindly to customers taking tyres in that have been bought elsewhere.
Thanks for the tip, i shall see if any tyre fitters round here supply and fit them(y)

Motoring Which technical tests always highlights the current best budget buy tyres & its best buys based on overall performance characteristics.

Copies available, free in most local libraries

Reference; https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/new...to-buy-car-tyres/which-car-tyres-should-i-buy

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/91856/tyre-reviews-best-car-tyres

Enjoy a good read. (y)
Thanks for the heads up.
best to have as much info at your fingertips as possible.
As they say, research, research, research,lol
I'm sure to find some tyres to stop this wee micra on a fred flintstone budget..:D

good point, theres some good chiness tyres around if you are in the know.
I will look local at wanli as I have hear on here that many garages don't take kindly to customers taking tyres in that have been bought elsewhere.
Thanks for the tip, i shall see if any tyre fitters round here supply and fit them(y)
Do NOT touch Wanli with a barge pole, In my opinion, Teflon ditch finders of the first order!:eek:

Back