any ideas for moding my totally standard k11c 1.0

colour code, lower, alloys, de bump strip, just look at others and see what you like

what sort of look are you after?
Defo thinking about painting the shinny silver grill black so it doesn't look as cheap. Thinking about lowering it aswell but not to much. What you think about chopping springs abit would you advise it?

yea get rid of any chrome and as much grey/black plastic trim as you can, did my door handles too one day, pretty easy and looks well.

I just ordered some 35mm lowering springs for mine, should sit at a good hight on my 14" steels. 100 quid but decided its the best option, straight swap no messing about and will be 100% safe.

Id stay away from chopped springs personally but a lot of people do it and it seems to be fine. Big plus is it wont cost you a penny haha but im not sure what happens when it comes to MOT etc

I know when you chop any springs or put to much of a lower spring on you've got the watch it doesn't split the dampers. Where did you get your springs from £100 sounds good if there going to be safe.

I'm defo thinking about pouting some arches on but cant seem to fine them anywhere.

Great thanks :) Do you know when the timing chain should be changed on k11 s 1.0
In theory, never? The *should* last the lifetime of the engine provided there's been adequate car and attention throughout it's life.

Generally a chain in need of a replacement isn;t worth the time / effort to replace when oyu can pick up replacement engines cheaps.

Thought i remembered seeing somewhere they were built to last 100,000

Yea i know they do well over that, mines nearing 100 thou itself and is still in great condition :)
I was always told that as a kid. Cars built for 100k.
Maybe back in the mid 80's..

It's funny. Old cars from 70s-80s were unreliable.
Cars from 90/-05 are, imo, rock solid.
Cars from 05-present are built as cheap as possible are we're right back to the "cars are built for 100k".

Yea i agree with that, too many problems come up with brand new cars as they are built as cheap as possible and ive seen a few people that get unlucky and just about everything goes wrong, simple is the best

Not as much money for the big car companies if their cars last forever though ;)

mines
I was always told that as a kid. Cars built for 100k.
Maybe back in the mid 80's..

It's funny. Old cars from 70s-80s were unreliable.
Cars from 90/-05 are, imo, rock solid.
Cars from 05-present are built as cheap as possible are we're right back to the "cars are built for 100k".
Mines got 114060 on it but runs great just wonder if it was worth changing it?

Defo thinking about painting the shinny silver grill black so it doesn't look as cheap.

Huntr_micra_sport said: "yea get rid of any chrome and as much grey/black plastic trim as you can, did my door handles too one day, pretty easy and looks well".

:eek:Oh dear just ordered some brand new "shiny chrome" door handles to replace my dull grey/black handles thought they would look good sort like retro lol! :confused: :(

Oh well each to one's own! :p

Cheers
Andy :)

Mine hit 170320 km today. Running perfect engine wise. What had gone on it was cv joints and suspension in general.
Yea i agree with that, too many problems come up with brand new cars as they are built as cheap as possible and ive seen a few people that get unlucky and just about everything goes wrong, simple is the best

Not as much money for the big car companies if their cars last forever though ;)
thinking about going somewhere close to this look what you guys think? Maybe with different wheels/rims

upload_2015-5-20_5-58-49.png

I like e erything except the bonnet spacers and thoose rims look like bbs maybe cant see them too good. And the gtr badge on the bonnet not into that either

I like e erything except the bonnet spacers and thoose rims look like bbs maybe cant see them too good. And the gtr badge on the bonnet not into that either
wont be gtr badging it that's stupid never noticed that lol. as for bonnet spacers'grills ill be keeping old ones just spraying them black instead on sliver.

That just the beginning mate. I started just wanting brighter headlampsnow im lowered with xenon projectors and a full diy respray in gold pearl and 7j 15 alloys when i finish refurbing. Poco a poco as the spanish say

That just the beginning mate. I started just wanting brighter headlampsnow im lowered with xenon projectors and a full diy respray in gold pearl and 7j 15 alloys when i finish refurbing. Poco a poco as the spanish say
ha ha I doubt the missus will like it when I start putting loads of money in it :cool:

Its gonna happen haha, wasnt gonna spend any money on mine originally, but once you start you just want to keep going ;)

Good thing is though that you can make it look a lot better for pennies, its only once you start going for big performance that it gets expensive

Its gonna happen haha, wasnt gonna spend any money on mine originally, but once you start you just want to keep going ;)

Good thing is though that you can make it look a lot better for pennies, its only once you start going for big performance that it gets expensive
ha ha its in need of a paint job the reds faded. don't know how much a respray will be?

Whole car respray will prob cost more than the cars worth, Got the boot resprayed on mine when i first got it and that cost me 100 quid and he didnt even do the whole boot plus its not a great finish, that was before i really knew anything though so didnt care at the time

Would definitely do my own spraying now

Just watch lots of vids and read up on how to prep and spray paint properly, will save you a lot of money

Back