• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Antony's Mr2 Blog

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well, here it is, my new baby. all payed for, insured and ready for its MOT next week. :p

its a 1993 2.0 GTi-16 Toyota MR2 Mk2 revision 2 with a 158bhp 3SGE engine. as of this morning it has the standard wheels back on (15") the paintwork is stunning, it drives beautifully, all the electrics work, the lights pop up and down, the power steering works, electric windows work and it accelerates much much faster than the micra....(Y)(Y)

heres a sneaky picture...

more when i am not selling stuff..lol

(the wheels were 18" arospeed alloys and are quite rare actualy..lol might get a bob or two for em)

Attachments

• Photo-0003.JPG
    Photo-0003.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 752
OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
lol. im leaving it stock dude. i am refurbing the wheels back to origonal spec and not touching a thing on it..

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
ah right fair enough, the alloys I have are the originals from the mr2 i think, just refurbed black thats all. Looks good though.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Great looking MR2 and in white, very nice indeed! Payday in a couple of weeks so if you do have those spacers I'm still interested.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Its Lovely! My Friend Just Got A Jap Import Version And Has Spent £43 on The Import Side Repeaters! And They Weren't Even New! But We Had Fun Spinning It Round Corners....
Good Luck! The Car Looks Awesome!

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
Lovely car mate!
I defo see the appeal in these. Dunno if I'd go for a MKI instead though...

Here's a pic of my mate's MR2:

http://www.deviltorque.org/content/4_large.html

Used to be a Pinballers car apparently! Was gutted when he took the sticker off!!

He's currently looking for a tubby gearbox to replace his. It's the rare LSD version apparently...so if you know where they are, let me know! :p

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
car failed its mot on emissions to be expected as its been stood for 3 years and the cats gone.... what i didnt expect is the engine over heating on the fast idle test....... apparently the rad has gone and the thermostat aint working.... so got to wait till pay day again to fix her up and drive her...grrr.
anyone getting rid of an mr2 radiator?????

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
you can pick up a rad for about £90 new on ebay mate, its a very common thing to go due to it being right in the front bumper and they do get hammered! make sure you check the mr2oc for a guide on fitting it, as you have to bleed the air out of the system and its no easy task! :(

theres plenty of 2's being broken on the oc so check the for sale section mate someones bound to have a rad and the other parts you need ;)

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
cool, thank you. ill have a look on there.

just been told i need new rear discs, pads and calipers need rebuilding (im doing that) the exhaust has seen better days and all 4 tyres are either bald or got a nail/screw stuck in the, so thats 4 new tyres now aswell as the other stuff.. GRRRRR

nothings ever easy is it?

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
cool, thank you. ill have a look on there.

just been told i need new rear discs, pads and calipers need rebuilding (im doing that) the exhaust has seen better days and all 4 tyres are either bald or got a nail/screw stuck in the, so thats 4 new tyres now aswell as the other stuff.. GRRRRR

nothings ever easy is it?

I've always fancied myself an MR2, insurance must be a ##### for it though. Shame it needs some work doing on it, get yourself some better than stock pads at least :)

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
insurance is only £50 more than the micra. so its realy good on it actualy..lol
these calipers are a nightmare. i might just stump up the £190 for the new ones....GRRR

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
update and lots more pics...

in these pics you will see. the new radiator, the cleaned engine, the silicone rad hoses, the new grille plate, new rad cover, new exhaust, re-painted wheels, paintwork, new Falken zien ZE912 tyres, a couple of local mr2's, a very nice white mr2 with leather interior and a few pics of the yamaha and 3SGE badges...and some other pics too... hehe

Attachments

• Photo-0087.jpg
    Photo-0087.jpg
    919.7 KB · Views: 499
  • Photo-0098.jpg
    Photo-0098.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 365
  • Photo-0097.jpg
    Photo-0097.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 360
  • Photo-0096a.jpg
    Photo-0096a.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 363
  • Photo-0096.jpg
    Photo-0096.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 352
  • Photo-0094.jpg
    Photo-0094.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 350
  • Photo-0093.jpg
    Photo-0093.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 387
  • Photo-0092.jpg
    Photo-0092.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 483
  • Photo-0089.jpg
    Photo-0089.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 411
  • Photo-0088.jpg
    Photo-0088.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 406
  • Photo-0099.jpg
    Photo-0099.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 357
  • Photo-0100.jpg
    Photo-0100.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 359
  • Photo-0101.jpg
    Photo-0101.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Photo-0102.jpg
    Photo-0102.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Photo-0105.jpg
    Photo-0105.jpg
    782.9 KB · Views: 339
  • Photo-0106.jpg
    Photo-0106.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 370
  • Photo-0108.jpg
    Photo-0108.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 394
  • Photo-0109.jpg
    Photo-0109.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 379
  • Photo-0110.jpg
    Photo-0110.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 361

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
I don't want to sound quier or nothing I was thinking about you today and wondering how your MR2 was coming along. Looks great and you've done a good job, has your Micra fully dispeared yet?

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
oooh er dude..lol think about me as much as you like..hehe

naaah, its still sat in my garden on axle stands... all it needs is wheels, exhaust, cam cover and shocks and it will drive again. its still got an mot till march..lol started it up just before i took the exhaust off and revved its nuts off, (spun round off the clock and proptly spat a flame out putting a hole in my fence)...lol

but thank you..

thats what just under £1800 and lots of hard work will get you.

wgc_daz

unlucky-racing.com
anthony. i hate you. you made find my savings card and go mr2 hunting :)..will b a non T but im in love ill give a shout on wat to to look for fault wise if i do find 1 :)

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
please do. they are excelent. i had a quick run up near binbrook aerodrome runway the other day and clocked 130mph and still pulling very hard. 0-130mph was rediculously quick. 130mph is about 5700rpm out of 7000rpm redline.

you will not regret it.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
I don't want to sound quier or nothing I was thinking about you today and wondering how your MR2 was coming along. Looks great and you've done a good job, has your Micra fully dispeared yet?

I remember now it's off ORGAZMO from the creators of South Park, great film.

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
going to see a black 1994 GT-s Turbo tomorrow with over 400bhp and a shopping list as long as your arm of japanese goodies from HKS, Greddy, Blitz, Toms, TRD, sard etc etc.
the guy doesnt know alot about it so he wants me to have a look and guess what its worth so he can sell it.

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Bit of advice mate should have changed the rear hoses on the back of the engine they're affectionately known as the hoses from hell I just changed both of them water pump and cam belt on my turbo and all I can say is what a nightmare!! Next time I'll just burn the flucker
Mines a black gts turbo btw;) to go with my s14 k10 s13 impreza haha nice collection at mine now

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
ace, just clocked 144mph on the satnav on binbrook......:laugh:
the hoses are fine on mine as the lucky previous owner had the pleasure!..lol

James

Chairman
Bit of advice mate should have changed the rear hoses on the back of the engine they're affectionately known as the hoses from hell I just changed both of them water pump and cam belt on my turbo and all I can say is what a nightmare!!
I'm worried about these as I'm pretty sure they haven't been done on mine :down:

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
I'm worried about these as I'm pretty sure they haven't been done on mine :down:

Indeed do worry as it's an awful job! Not sure on the n/a engines I'd imagine there a tad easier due to the ct28 not being there but turbo one is a nightmare, I hope you have a none turbo ;) lol

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well, its booked in at woodsport. saturday it goes away to have a 220bhp 200ftlbs 3.0 v6 fitted!!

since these pics were taken i have colour coded all the black bits and fitted Tom's C7R by Ray's Engineering17" 2 piece wheels with 245-40-17 maxxis maz1 ears and 215-40-17 toyo t1r fronts..................... this thing is on rails. roundabouts at 70+... easy! tracking was done also and the front camber adjustment is being done when i get the car back....:p:p:p:p

micra on the road in full group N rally spec in a few weeks too,,,

on a side note. i bought a roll cage last week and when i went to pick it up my old engine was sat in the corner of his garage.... he bought the job lot of parts from K6PFS on here and i now have his old cage...

small world hey?:laugh::laugh:

only just seen this thread :doh: car looks amazing in white mate (Y) bit different any how round here all the mr2's are either red or blue :laugh: a door man i always yap to round here had a nice black one that was the 158bhp one was fairly quick it was neck and neck with my prelude. ive driven a few mr2's good cars ive never driven a turbo but i hear they can be like marmite lol.

what v6 have you gone for mate? should be different like. wheel spin as soon as you plant the throttle :laugh: although the 3sgte is the one i would of opted for.its just personal choice tho. on a good note tho you cant beat the nice sound off a good old 6 cyl (Y)

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
the reason i went for a v6 is, its cheaper.... its more reliable (alot more) and its just as fast, (if not faster) due to no turbo lag and same bhp.
there are also 280-320bhp trd superchargers available for them too... lol
and yes. the sound is awesome..

i went for the 3VZ-FE 3.0 from the 1993 toyota camry. woodsport are also rebuilding it for me with all new ancillaries, new head gaskets and a new paint job, plus turbo clutch and longer 5th gear ratio for cruising.

at crail actualy i ran a 15.3 a few weeks back.... which coincidentaly is the same time run by a stock civic type R... and that was with 160-170bhp....... 200+ should be a blast!!

the reason i went for a v6 is, its cheaper.... its more reliable (alot more) and its just as fast, (if not faster) due to no turbo lag and same bhp.
there are also 280-320bhp trd superchargers available for them too... lol
and yes. the sound is awesome..

i went for the 3VZ-FE 3.0 from the 1993 toyota camry. woodsport are also rebuilding it for me with all new ancillaries, new head gaskets and a new paint job, plus turbo clutch and longer 5th gear ratio for cruising.

at crail actualy i ran a 15.3 a few weeks back.... which coincidentaly is the same time run by a stock civic type R... and that was with 160-170bhp....... 200+ should be a blast!!

nice the 3VZ-FE is a good old lump. i wanted one for my corolla but the only one i found got sold and my mate thought it was funny to take my car for a joy-ride one night grr so it never happened. well at least the weight of the v6 will help on the launch. supercharged would be awesome. be sweet if you could crack 12-13s with a bit of work. (Y)

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
easy...lol. just need to get a propper clutch. the mr2 turbo one is good, but not great at full on launches. so i should have a v6mr2 and a turbo micra..haha

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
[video]<object width="320" height="240" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10150960469585705" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10150960469585705" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="240"></embed></object>[/video]

growl!!

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
<object width="320" height="240" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10150960469585705" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10150960469585705" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="240"></embed></object>

Oh, fantastic sound! Nice to see something different every now and then.
Am I correct in saying thats a CRX you are racing? Seems very fast, what had been done to it!?

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
the crx had a cosworth gt28rs turbo and a b18 integra engine running 14psi @280~ bhp..... quick in a straight line.... crap in the bends..lol