• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

antony_aiken's micra Progress

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
just baught a sheet of steel, dremmel cuttind wheels, grinding disk for the angle grinder and a bottle of argon welding gas....... couple of weeks and "boom goes the dinamite":laugh:

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
update!!

well, ive threw the idea out of doing it myself with sheet metal and have baught two entire new sills, just got to find a garage arround here that will fit them...... with the car on a trailer..lol

anyway, heres some pics of what i have so far and how the car sits on its axle stands (possitioned in the middle of the sills so i can see saw the car to work on it..lol)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150575515840705.662852.635395704&l=cc57e83bda

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
some more pics....

cut out the sill on the drivers side. and its worse than i thought.... but it WILL NOT DIE!! grr

227222_10150581147300705_635395704_18150770_4679215_n.jpg

225116_10150581147470705_635395704_18150773_2998095_n.jpg

222452_10150581147650705_635395704_18150777_5211152_n.jpg

solarice

Ex. Club Member
cut out the sill on the drivers side. and its worse than i thought.... but it WILL NOT DIE!! grr

Isnt it always :(

Just try and get every bit of it while you've got the access.

Will it not be cheaper / easier for fitment to get a down pipe made up?

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
yeah, im sure i can. i mean, it was £200 ish for ed to do the manifold....... so im sure i can find someone round here for the downpipe... lol

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
it didnt, it is a brand new one off ebay.... its a GT2560R... (so a GT25 exhaust and a GT28 .60 Compressor)

the actuator is set at 5psi but i need to drill a hole in the turbo for the hose to go to.... theres plenty of marked up places for me to drill... and its only 6 bolts to take it apart so i dont get swarf in the turbine...

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well, the welding has been done £145 all in. im in the middle of filling it and then its sandy sandy and ......what colour??.. hmm?

search (antony aiken) on facebook for pics.

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
might have to cut my losses and sell all my micra stuff guys....

insurance costs are humongus...
more so than a V6 mr2. (for a sodding micra)

i have said it before and i will say it again... insurance is government endorsed and sponsored corruption and fraud.... you are bound by law to buy insurance and the brokers can charge any price they like, plus they dont have to pay out in the event of an accident....
they make assumptions, estimates if you like, about your person based on non specific facts that have no bearing to the ability of the driver. they then use these assumptions to guess at a price they would like to charge for cover that is so conveluted it is almost impossible to understand without a masters degree in law.

if this was the retail sector the business owners would be strung up and castrated to the full extent of the law for profiteering and defrauding the public....
British gas was prosecuted for this exact behaviour when they started to Over estimate gas bills last year....... so why does the government insist on ignoring this fraudulent activity??? because they get paid extorsionate amounts of VAT from the insurance premiums (well maybe not vat but still)

its blatent, obvious and down right discusting................ so why do we stand for it?... there are 30 million motorists in the uk. all paying on average £500..... £15,000,000,000 (15 billion) and probs more. so who is going to say enough is enough?

on average 60% of all insurance premiums are because when a person is in an accident their details are sold, SOLD to accident claims companies so that compensation can be claimed agains the other drivers insurance company........... so all of these 5mph bumper bangs and car park dings that have people claiming £5000 a time for whip lash are costing the insurers millions a year............................................. but who pays for it? who has to pay for it? who is legally obligated to pay for it?

and the government wonders why so many people go without insurance..
an IN10 conviction for driving uninsured is a £250 fine and £25 costs..... £275 a year for getting caught...... or £1000+ for being legal? got it about right these criminals....... where is the insentive to stay legal?......

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

rant over.(Y)

andy

Ex. Club Member
might have to cut my losses and sell all my micra stuff guys....

insurance costs are humongus...
more so than a V6 mr2. (for a sodding micra)

i have said it before and i will say it again... insurance is government endorsed and sponsored corruption and fraud.... you are bound by law to buy insurance and the brokers can charge any price they like, plus they dont have to pay out in the event of an accident....
they make assumptions, estimates if you like, about your person based on non specific facts that have no bearing to the ability of the driver. they then use these assumptions to guess at a price they would like to charge for cover that is so conveluted it is almost impossible to understand without a masters degree in law.

if this was the retail sector the business owners would be strung up and castrated to the full extent of the law for profiteering and defrauding the public....
British gas was prosecuted for this exact behaviour when they started to Over estimate gas bills last year....... so why does the government insist on ignoring this fraudulent activity??? because they get paid extorsionate amounts of VAT from the insurance premiums (well maybe not vat but still)

its blatent, obvious and down right discusting................ so why do we stand for it?... there are 30 million motorists in the uk. all paying on average £500..... £15,000,000,000 (15 billion) and probs more. so who is going to say enough is enough?

on average 60% of all insurance premiums are because when a person is in an accident their details are sold, SOLD to accident claims companies so that compensation can be claimed agains the other drivers insurance company........... so all of these 5mph bumper bangs and car park dings that have people claiming £5000 a time for whip lash are costing the insurers millions a year............................................. but who pays for it? who has to pay for it? who is legally obligated to pay for it?

and the government wonders why so many people go without insurance..
an IN10 conviction for driving uninsured is a £250 fine and £25 costs..... £275 a year for getting caught...... or £1000+ for being legal? got it about right these criminals....... where is the insentive to stay legal?......

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

rant over.(Y)

well said(Y)

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
in sweden the car is insured not the driver, insurance would never be more than £500 for anyone unless they have some kind of fully comp jet car,

this also means that anyone with a license can drive the car, great for picking new cars up or car pooling. the down side is tight regulations on modding, but this can be got round if the car is an import with the mods already on... like a micra from england etc

Stani1029

Club Member
Well said ant, my girlfriends brother is away to start driving soon and he wants a micra. But hes looking in the region of £3000 for a 1.0ltr. A car he will buy for no more than £1000. Its ridiculous as if we bought a £50,000 flat we wouldnt be forking out 3 times to insure the building and its contents

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
lol, sorry kris....

it sounds so nice too. im in love (and i have had every backbox available too) this is by far the nicest... :p
sorry rubbing it in..

the car is insured (£605 from kwik fit) mot went through with out a hitch (got to love that, sat on the floor for 3 years and sailed through haha)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Why couldn't my MOT have been like that :down:. Instead of possibly ending up with (in the words of my tester) about 4 failure sheets if I had it tested. Well done on the MOT though (Y)

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
what was wrong with yours?...........must have been falling apart..:eek:

thanks guys.... i appreciate it..

need to replace the rear springs with something a bit stiffer though as its rolling all over the palce with these daewoo matiz ones in.... the front civic/matiz setup is fine at the front.... but that back end is rubbish......... and too high too....

frank

Club Member
need to replace the rear springs with something a bit stiffer though as its rolling all over the palce with these daewoo matiz ones in.... the front civic/matiz setup is fine at the front.... but that back end is rubbish......... and too high too....

*needpics* you must want it rigid then ant :eek: i just brought back 13 packs of laminate flooring in mine (listed as 15kgs each, about 200 kgs ?) with no tyrerub and about 1" more drop

So pair them together is a straight fit for front lowering springs? That's a pretty good find whoever did it 1st :)

Thanks Frank... As always!

Pepper

frank

Club Member
So pair them together is a straight fit for front lowering springs?

Pepper

sort of lol :) the matiz rears fit k11 front legs and drop it about 50mm
the matiz rears also fit the rear with (shorter) corsa shocks to keep them captive
mine has complete matiz front legs
ant has matiz front legs with very strong civic front springs added :eek:

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well, took the old girl to crail today and blasted out 20 or so runs...

fastest time was 17.327 @ 77.1mph reaction time of 0.277

allthough i did get excited as it showedme running a 14.3 at over 100mph... turns out they pressed the wrong number ,...lol

but during those runs it used about 3/4l oil, 1/4 tank of fuel and hit the limiter about 100 times! :p

but its official, a knakered old 1300 micra with nearly 150,000miles on the clock and skinny tyres, stock exhaust manifold and no compression, is faster down the quarter than an almera 1.8 and a 2.0 accord. haha!!

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
wet times from last sunday..... and when i say wet, i mean,..... wheelspinning in 3rd gear, should have got out and paddled wet..lol

Results For 117 | ANTHONY AIKEN | MICRA
712 0.57 3.271 19.135 @ 76.8 mph L
742 0.641 3.234 19.24 @ 75.9 mph R
793 0 3.071 19.016 @ 76.3 mph L
818 0.495 3.156 19.167 @ 76 mph R
835 0.743 3.187 19.209 @ 75.6 mph L
849 0.728 0 20.097 @ 74.6 mph L
861 0.71 0 18.889 @ 0 mph R
864 0.47 0 19.63 @ 75.8 mph R
869 0.374 0 20.604 @ 74.3 mph R

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
right guys..... (talking frank here..lol) will a 205 60 13 fit the SR alloys under the daewoo shocks setup?

need new tyres asap and have 185-60-13's but they just spin all the time...

frank

Club Member
right guys..... (talking frank here..lol) will a 205 60 13 fit the SR alloys under the daewoo shocks setup?

need new tyres asap and have 185-60-13's but they just spin all the time...
dunno ant :grinning: best to measure your current clearance, and check there is at least 10mm eh

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
lol. thanks frank..lol

there is a set of vauxhall cavalier slabs on ebay with 195/45/15 brand new tyres for £150.....hmmmmmmfwnfwnfwnfwnfwn