• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

antony_aiken's micra Progress

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well heres my car from start to now....or so far if you like,

my car started as a rather sad looking super s with a hole in the exhaust and no spolier, steel wheels and a broken sunroof.

the fist pic is of the back quarter of the car the day i got it, (and yes my family is using it as a bar..)

the next pics show the car after some wheels, the spoiler (picked up from blackpool off a white super s, (later hacked to pieces by kristian):laugh:

then theres some upgrades, like the pulsar brakes (checking for clearances)

colour coding and such....

and as many of you know, i lost my girlfriend amanda at about this time, so i just wanted you to know what she looked like, she was a fantastic young mother and the most genuine person i have ever met, we fell in love instantly (never done that before) and she change my life. it was such a shame we only had a few short weeks together.

more pics in next post.

Attachments

• Image(14)(01).jpg
    Image(14)(01).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 595
  • Image(12).jpg
    Image(12).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 572
  • Image(02)(01).jpg
    Image(02)(01).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 543
  • Image(01)(01).jpg
    Image(01)(01).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 666
  • Image(08).jpg
    Image(08).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 590
  • Photo-0043.jpg
    Photo-0043.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 644
OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
next on the list came, new wheels and tyres, lost the side strips and gained an open mouth....
and graphics too...:love:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 498
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 522
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 551
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 554
OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
so far i have the micra as i like it, but needed it lowering, so a set of Eibach springs and bilstein shocks went on and my pulsar calipers were finaly fitted and they look the muts, however i dont have any pics as of yet..lol

more power is needed now tho...

open mouth grille and a fmic should do it..

:grinning: :wow: :grinning: :wow: :grinning: :wow: :grinning:

Attachments

• IMG_1932.JPG
    IMG_1932.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_1935.JPG
    IMG_1935.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_1934.JPG
    IMG_1934.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_1933.JPG
    IMG_1933.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 405
Cars lookin mint mate...DONT sand the glue off ya mad ed....Use petrol and your thumb nail...if that dont work boil the kettle (not boiling hot tho) And pour that over the glue. Both petrol and hot water softens the glue so it will peel off easy :)

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
can mods clean this thread up for me please?

ive done it in stages now, it just doesnt make any sence..lol

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well i have now fitted my janspeed manifold..... and heat wrapped it (so you can see it through the front grille, looks menacing..)

although i also have fitted raceworx old "straight through pipe" wich is far too loud and had to ruin it to get it legal, i used a silencer insert for the 4" tip and back filled the gap behind with fibreglass matting...... thus makign myself a silencer..... does the job to a certain extent but looks crap....

i wish i still had some money to have a silencer added to the system... GRR

but heres the shocker,,,,

i noticed no performance gains at all... other than a change in sound there was no noticeable power gains from the janspeed manifold and straight through pipe.

pictures to follow.....

any suggestions on what i can do to change the sound to be more "rally car" like this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xTjgqKtugLc

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Heat wrap.....eeek! After a few years you'll have no manifold left lol. When I took mine off it had flaked away to nothing due to carbon migration and hotspots.....paper thin in places!

No performance gains is interesting, I couldn't stand my car when it was on the standard manifold and downpipe, used for getting it between garages and through the 1st MOT. As soon as the group A system went on it was a completely different car across the entire rev range.

Video wise, sounds like a lot of induction noise coming through on that clip......nice but annoying after a while, which is why I made mine quieter in the end.

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
any dieas on how to make it quieter???

all i have done is removed the first cat basicaly and its gone from modest loud to, oh my god i cant drive it loud...lol

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
not at the mo as the cars in bits having loads done.... new exhaust, engine re-build, bodywork etc etc.... will do when i get the engine back in..lol

ps loads of pics to come on re-build and spruse up too..... powder coating the sump, painting the block, polishing the head, powder coating the rocker (possibly in crackle red) tidying up the engine bay fitting the new engine mounts so that the engine sits 2" lower than standard, gonna fit a standard grille (cos mine looks naff) gonna re-fit the splitter i took off accidentaly at JAE lol, gonna paint a few exterior bits in matt black, gonna try and put a race battery in the boot, and lots of other bits too........and thats just tomorrow...

just kidding

stay tuned

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well, finaly time to update. (god this Blog took some finding)

the engine is still poorly, been sat for 5 weeks and still starts first time, but wont idle without loosening the timing chain. GRR

i have an oil pressure guage and some braided connectors to fit it too, (the addapter youll need is a 1/8th tapered)

i have mocked up (breifly) the mullholand arches (hehe they look sooo good)

and then all i have to do is fit my carbon diffuser and re-paint the car .GRR

now what colour should i do the arches? Black? or Red?

soo, looking at this, my bits to fit, my plans with engine (which there are only me Ed and Craig that know) car of JAE08??....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Attachments

• IMG_2271.jpg
    IMG_2271.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_2280.jpg
    IMG_2280.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_2285.jpg
    IMG_2285.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_2283.jpg
    IMG_2283.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 435

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
looking good mate!!!
regarding "arch colours" is that now? cause ur spraying car white so just checking what the car colour would be??

i actually cant decided as think both colours would look good

sorry im not much help lol

you got another engine?

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
not yet, allthough i think Kristian has one for me, two things though.

Craig is coming along with a project which will see a newer engine, and i dont wanna change it twice..lol plus im still not sure whats wrong with this one yet.

as for colour. thats not gonna be for a while yet, (at least untill i have the cash, cos i have the compressor, the paint and the knowledge, but no thinners, wet n dry, masking tape etc etc. its gonna cost me a bit.)

but what does everyone else think?
surely this can be made a blog?

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
so when you get the re-spary you gonna sticker it up agian? :p

what carbon diffuser?

any pics of the rear bumper?

iam so intrested lol, car is gonna look so good. iam jelous ;)

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
haha, yep i have a carbon fibre diffuser designed for a lotus elise.

i might do a single red stripe around the bottom of the car....

i dont know yet, i realy dont know what i wanna do..

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
haha, yep i have a carbon fibre diffuser designed for a lotus elise.

i might do a single red stripe around the bottom of the car....

i dont know yet, i realy dont know what i wanna do..

what!!!! now iam even more jelous! a lotus elise carbon diffuser :( lol it aint fair :p

so does this mean my micra will be the only one with the nismo grphics down the side?, not like its a good thing just saying lol

i do like your car as it is tho :) gave me abit of insperation. bet you wouldnt of thought it :)

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
no deffinately didnt think that..lol

not for now though.. the nismo graphics are staying untill i can get it sprayed (probs summer when its warm)

so ouve got another year before its the "only" nismo micra in the club,...lol

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
so ouve got another year before its the "only" nismo micra in the club,...lol

well i preffer nismo stickered lol. but yerah, it was your idea and you were/are the first person to sticker up a micra with nismo graphics ;) and that wont change now lol.

oh p.s i reckon both colours look good for the arches, iam asumming black paint is cheaper to get than aj4?

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Have you thought about buying a compressor and gun and spraying it yourself Antony? A guy I know on AOC has done this, with good results. Got to get the paint mix right though.

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
woohoooooo, my engines fixed itself.
dont know how.... but its running better than any micra ive ever heard (and thats saying something) its silent. i can even hear the injectors over the engine idle noise...

vids shortly.

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
yep, just left it for two months, just been to the shops, and alls good.......i am mistified, unless due to the cold weather the oil is slightly thicker? or may a small blockage disolved?......

i realy dont know, but now i can drive my car to the garage and get my exhaust sorted, maybe even drive to craigs and see about my new........*old on you dont know about that yet*......
haha

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
WOOO HOOO, what you doing about ECU stuff?...

not gonna talk too much on here bout it till it happens..lol

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Nice looking Micra Ant, I tell you what though if I got caught with the Cam Cover in the Kitchen onto of the bread board out lass would propa kick off like, lol.:laugh:

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
Ed to the rescue...lol (napster)

thank you very much and thats not the worst bit, i had it under the grille at one point..lol (pjg1979)

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
New engine picked up, (apparently a march CG13DE allthough theres no difference..lol)

thanks craig for the help getting it appart (and the cuppa), it came off the gearbox eventualy, and i got home just now, so 6.45 till 10.25....not bad watford to grimsby..lol

ill let you know how it runs once ive rebuilt it.

ant

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
not realy, its easier with a spare. out of the car.
its more time consuming than anything else, and remembering where every nut and bolt goes..lol

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
meh, in what way, cos after im finished with it, it will be like brand new, (wel better than brand new)

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Good stuff, glad you got back ok - send us a couplde of pics when you tek it all apart ;)