Anti Lag on a non turbo?

its called anti-lag for a reason, it helps stop turbo lag. you dont get lag on N/A. its used to keep the turbo spinning while 'off throttle' so that when you get back on the throttle the turbo is already spinning, ready to make boost instantly.
Im guessing that that car in the vid is turbo charged? (i have no sound on my laptop so cant hear the engine) ortherwise the person who posted up that vid is a numpty.

Sounds like a n/a with a de restricted exhaust, probably with no cats. The reasons it popping is probably due to the air to fuel ratio being very rich

You can buy a gizmo that you plug into the exhaust that ignites fuel that the engine did not burn,not uncommon on carbuereter cars.Mate fitted one on his scooby but the greedy engine drank all the fuel so it did not work.Not likely to work on an efficient Micra either..

no cats, fpr turned up bang bang!! me love the popping, mine used to with no cats and straight through, and years ago my mates panda did with cherry bomb, hilarious (Y)

Normaly works off of either a stand alone ecu or a piggy back device. I have tried the launch control on my mx5's megasquirt ecu, above 70% throttle at 4.5krpm with clutch depressed the ecu heaviy retards the ignition and introduces a spark cut at this point.
Pops and farts galore, most useful on turbo'd cars but can also be used on non FI.

Back