Another newbie :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clone

Hey all im new here.
Some of the project are really nice! :) i drive my parents 1.1? (or 1l) red micra n reg 16v. I am atm saving although jobless for a saxo westcoast/vtr (18yrs old) but i have seen some of the cars on here and seem nice cars, cheer to buy also although vtr's can be purchased cheap. My mums is a 5dr, i like the 3drs so much better! Anyway, hello all what do you think? Micra v westcoast/vtr fwn

Hello and welcome,
hello all what do you think? Micra v westcoast/vtr fwn
It depends what you want from a car, for myself it is the Micra, they are a good drive, comfortable, reliable, good on fuel and have pretty lively performance especially the 1.3, with just a relatively little outlay they are capable of producing 100bhp, they even handle well, and best of all you don't look like a chav driving one.

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
not everyone whos drvies a saxo is a chav ffs!!!!!

do you you want mate, if i was you at this poine i would say micr as it is cheep insurance!!

welcome

OP
OP
C

Clone

Thanks for replys i agree that not all saxo drivers are chavs...www.saxperience.com are really chav free, they are mostly against jap/lexus stuff etc. You say the micras handle well, the one i drive doesn't really seem to...when i turn the wheel so far the steering becomes light? and doesn't feel to safe, but i have to admit for a 1l because of the 16v i think it can be nipppy if you use the gears well...

Another thing mines is a 5 door, heater is wrecked i have been told needs a new one and gona cost alot :( But i have seen on auto trader you can get a nice 3 door K11 shape? 1l or so for not much more than £700

How do strut braces work on non power stearing cars? Does it still make a difference?

looking forward to seeing more new threads and stuff as forum seems not too active?

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Thanks for replys i agree that not all saxo drivers are chavs...www.saxperience.com are really chav free, they are mostly against jap/lexus stuff etc. You say the micras handle well, the one i drive doesn't really seem to...when i turn the wheel so far the steering becomes light? and doesn't feel to safe, but i have to admit for a 1l because of the 16v i think it can be nipppy if you use the gears well...

Another thing mines is a 5 door, heater is wrecked i have been told needs a new one and gona cost alot :( But i have seen on auto trader you can get a nice 3 door K11 shape? 1l or so for not much more than £700

How do strut braces work on non power stearing cars? Does it still make a difference?

looking forward to seeing more new threads and stuff as forum seems not too active?

The Saxperience lot are ok, my friends brother runs Saxperience, he's the guy with the white kitted Saxo on it, and the blue turbo saxo on there too :)

What is wrong with the heater? Does it only work on speed 4?

OP
OP
C

Clone

The Saxperience lot are ok, my friends brother runs Saxperience, he's the guy with the white kitted Saxo on it, and the blue turbo saxo on there too :)

What is wrong with the heater? Does it only work on speed 4?

Used to only work in speed 4...but now it doesn't work at all, the heater works i think but the fan doesn't? i mean if u turn heater on a drive on the motor way the screen will eventually clear with the hot air being fourced up....It goes through 2nd hand fans like nothing else :p Anyway, we thaught it would need a new fan again but the guy at garage said the heater is not working basically :p It's blowing loads of other fuses and would be a big job?

So what do you think? ( yes thats a bump :( )

Polite Notice: Please do not swear when making posts. Thank you

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
Hello and welcome to the club.

Firstly a tuned 1.3 micra will beat a VTS, and a std 1.3 shouldn't have a problem keeping up with a westcoast (as their only 1.4 8v) - as my tuned 1lt kept up with my friends WC.

As for your heater issue - it's the resitor card - located un the glove box. This needs replacing - shouldn't be costly from a scrap yard.

Also strut braces aid a good setup - if you have one on it's own you wont notice much difference.

OP
OP
C

Clone

Ok, i don't have the car atm mum had to take it to work :( the resistor card, how would i know if this would need replacing? Aparantly the heater is blowing other fuses....this could be because of the resistor card also ? Thanks for replys :)

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
it could be more. I'm only suggesting it could be the ristor card as you mentioned it would only come on at max (which the ristor card popping is a common issue - mine popped about 3-4 months ago and had to replace it.)

OP
OP
C

Clone

hmm perhaps i misstyped mate or you missunderstood, it no longer comes on at all.

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
Sorry, I missed that bit. Prob best you create a new topic in the K11 section regarding your problem as this is the into and some "tech heads" wont notice your issue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.