Another k12 that won't start lol

Hi everyone.. I'm brand new on here and this is my issue..

I have an 03 k12 1.4 and it recently put on the engine managment light.. Now, sometimes it will start and drive perfectly, and other times it will not start at all.. I pulled out the rear seats to check the fuel pump, and, when the pump buzzes on ignition, the car starts, when it doesn't buzz, the car won't start!!!!

I fitted a brand new fuel pump at over £160, and still the same... Someone then told me that there is a relay switch for the pump, but its buried behind the headlights?? Can anyone advise of where to find it?? Thanks in advance for any help..

Jim

Hi everyone.. I'm brand new on here and this is my issue..

I have an 03 k12 1.4 and it recently put on the engine managment light.. Now, sometimes it will start and drive perfectly, and other times it will not start at all.. I pulled out the rear seats to check the fuel pump, and, when the pump buzzes on ignition, the car starts, when it doesn't buzz, the car won't start!!!!

I fitted a brand new fuel pump at over £160, and still the same... Someone then told me that there is a relay switch for the pump, but its buried behind the headlights?? Can anyone advise of where to find it?? Thanks in advance for any help..

Jim
Ok.. a little step in the right direction... I found the big white plastic box of fuses behind the passenger side headlight... I got the fuse for the fuel pump, and it was ok.. There are 2 lines of matching black, what looks like, relay switches in this too... Is that what they are< and if so, which one is for the fuel pump, as they're not numbered or named..
Again,thnx for any help

Hi quertyjake

Fuel pump is 15Amp fuse number 47.

So the fusebox is either behind one of the front headlights not sure which one. There two rows of fuses going vertically , the one your looking for is on the right row from the top count seven down thats the fuel pump fuse. On one end of the fuse there will be a cable going into the relay thats the relay for the fuel pump make sure to also check the wiring that its secure and tight and no shorts.

Hope this helps