Another 4 branch manifold thread

superls

K10 Tuner
Hi all, no this isnt another, whats better, or group buy thread that everyone says they will buy one then no-one actuall does.

its just a few pics of what i got up to the other weekend.

Image104.jpg

Image105.jpg

Image106.jpg

Image107.jpg

Image108.jpg

Image109.jpg

Image110.jpg

Image111.jpg

Image112.jpg

Image113.jpg

Image114.jpg

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
yes its was on the same day i made it, lol, made a real differance in power delivery, plus theres more power to boot, the whole exhaust gives a nice sound too, not too loud cos i wanted a quite system, hence the original backbox as the restriction it offers is minimal imo.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Is the middle part 2 factory downpipes? Just looks like it with the stickers on them, nice work anyway, get it dyno'd lol

solarice

Ex. Club Member
lol, no messing about eh :D

yeah your better it being a little quiet on normal driving, helps you slip past coppers without them getting interested. :laugh:

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
no there not factory down pipes, theres a local company that does pre bent bends in 30 45 and 90 degree iirc for very reasonable prices, so i just bought 6 90 degree elbows, there the stickers you can see.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
How much were the 90deg bends if you don't mind me asking, I still need to build my one if I ever get out of debt

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
cant remember exactly, ill have to find the reciept, but the 32mm ones (which i used) were about £8 each, so about £50 for all 6, which i was prepared to pay because the last one i made i didnt bent the pipe, i cut small wedges out of the pipe and welded them all up and ground them all flat, alot easier with these elbows, and cost less than a second hand janspeed.

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
very nice, i find that mine revs a lot quicker now and theres more power throughout the rev range, what you think?

cheers

steve

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
the thing is i really cba to take it off and make new ones so they would fit perfectly, what i was thinking was where the final 2 join into 1 thats right under the engine, i could make it upto that join then a short straight bit of pipe, then all you would have to do is cut your standard front pipe to length and weld it onto the manifold.

bobsp16

Site Supporter
hi
just make sure that you haven't ground away to much were youve welded because if you have they tend to crack.i no it looks nice when they are smooth but it may crack and blow,one of mine did,and i ended up rewelding it....

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
hi
just make sure that you haven't ground away to much were youve welded because if you have they tend to crack.i no it looks nice when they are smooth but it may crack and blow,one of mine did,and i ended up rewelding it....

that did last week, still need to re weld it, it still has the quick repair on it

all sorted now, its my fault i actually forgot to fully weld one of the joins up, it was still only tacked together then ground over so i didnt see it, lol

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
ill be taking this off soon, as im making another one, slightly different design and a bigger bore to match my other ongoing projects.

so make me an offer vai pm for this one if you like.

note it will only be to the first overfit joint.