Annoying engine rev control box for fan

Right the fan comes on and the engine revs go up in traffic. This is too annoying for me :(

I remember the MOT man saying you need to "sort your idle mate" :wasntme: shows what he knows :laugh:

Does anyone know what wire i can snip so the fan isnt controlled by "that" box under the passenger seat :glare:

thanks

Right the fan comes on and the engine revs go up in traffic. This is too annoying for me :(

I remember the MOT man saying you need to "sort your idle mate" :wasntme: shows what he knows :laugh:

Does anyone know what wire i can snip so the fan isnt controlled by "that" box under the passenger seat :glare:

thanks

The St does that aswell, its meant to do that .Most cars do it you just dont notice ,lets face it the ma engine is not very refined and idle control is bad even on the fuel injected versions ( well any I hve encountered )

There might be a way to adjust it to rev maybe only 50-100rpm higher

"i wouldn't do that if i were you" springs to mind lol i like my fan coming on in traffic at least i know its still working :p
maybe there is something in the haynes manual for the wire in question. good luck (Y)

it can be done, i did it so it didnt increase when i turned my heater blower on, just look in the haunes and figure out which wire it is then disconnect it from under the passanger seat, the haynes is a littel hard to figure out so i ended up testing them all with a mulitmeter to find which was which,

i personally dont think it will have any adverse effect, the revs might drop a little but not enought to stall

"i wouldn't do that if i were you" springs to mind lol i like my fan coming on in traffic at least i know its still working :p
maybe there is something in the haynes manual for the wire in question. good luck (Y)

The fan still engages as normal just the engine doesnt rev up as much to compensate for the voltage drop(Y)

the fan should only kick in on a very hot day tho surely ? and if the base idle is too high then it will kick in far more often (which may be what the mot man was inferring ?)

Base idle is fine about 900/950 i find nissans run hot - temp gauge looks normal (just under 1/2)

sitting in traffic for a few minutes you get about 10 seconds of fan then nothing for about 45 seconds then 10 seconds of fan etc :grinning: just one of those quirks of the K10.

i will sort it when i get the chance :)

edit: frank the MOT man thought the upping of the revs when the fan was on was due to a bad/hunting idle. i dont think he knows about little box under the passenger seat on Micra K10's. I didnt until i got one :)

Right had a quick look today couldnt figure it out so unplugged the box :wasntme:

If im in the whip at night with the sounds on and lights etc.. i may click the plug back in if the draw is too much for the idle :blush:

Back