• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Andy_S Micra SR20 - Done Properly

as does a front bumper :) a radfan will only ever kick in when stationary or crawling in traffic eh
Aye but they're designed to flow air in the right direction.
A fan doesn't matter usually as its behind so air has already flowed through the rad
Here its one big obstruction because as you rightly say it only kicks in when slow/stationary
Just a note to add too push fans are curved to allow air to flow smoothly. As are pull fans... when they're the right way round that is :p

Hi guys, the fan spins backwards, but remember, its only for in traffic, our UK weather don't demand a huge radiator, I do have a huge Almera rad but no need. Going Santapod next month. 0 to 60 comes fast, hate to have the bottle to try the Nos.

Hi guys, the fan spins backwards, but remember, its only for in traffic, our UK weather don't demand a huge radiator, I do have a huge Almera rad but no need. Going Santapod next month. 0 to 60 comes fast, hate to have the bottle to try the Nos.
blowing the heat "out" of the engine bay on that 1/4 mile start line has merit eh tegslayer :) , instead of sucking the heat into the engine bay

Oh progress is slow mate. Engine not even fitted yet. We've painted it but not had much time to fit it. We moving units soon to one with two pits in it. Hopefully get some proper progress going soon.

And usually dispelled by a raised bonnet or vent
But doesn't detract from my 'fix' :)
nah, on most SR20 k11,s the fan draws the hot air from the rad and blasts it onto the engine, teg,s fan is drawing the hot air from the rad and blows it out the grille (when stationary)

nah, on most SR20 k11,s the fan draws the hot air from the rad and blasts it onto the engine, teg,s fan is drawing the hot air from the rad and blows it out the grille (when stationary)
This I understand and concur with but the resulting restriction would outweigh the benefit

Micra ready for moving garages lol

How I miss this car being on the road
gysaha3a.jpg

ybu3uzaj.jpg

Some progress being made on Thursday :). Wednesday we finalise the gearbox mountings then get it over the pit to do bottom mounts

Found these videos which one is mine and the other is someone else's. Now I bleed my hlas as per manual but still rattled.

3e9esa9a.jpg
9eryqahy.jpg

Picked this beauty up today :) Micra sr from SuluR - top guy! Even collected me from the train station.

It has rear disc brakes which will be eventually transplanted to the 2.0L Micra :) and a load of other goodies!

I forgot how good a 1.3 manual hatchback was to drive! I feel 17 again lol

4 k11 micras lol

One facelift sr20
One facelift cabriolet
One prefacelift no engine (half a car trailer project coming soon)
One prefacelift cg13de Micra sr

3e9esa9a.jpg
9eryqahy.jpg

Picked this beauty up today :) Micra sr from SuluR - top guy! Even collected me from the train station.

It has rear disc brakes which will be eventually transplanted to the 2.0L Micra :) and a load of other goodies!

I forgot how good a 1.3 manual hatchback was to drive! I feel 17 again lol

WHY DOES IT LOOK SO GOOD!

I really love this car btw, i dont want to see it being mishandled!

Going to miss it a hell of alot, best car I've ever owned by far

Just a small update I have grinded off the writing on the rocker cover and polished it up. I decided to just have it green with black where the spark plugs will be. However that will be done once this has dried over a few days

This is the colour the car will be

edudy4yz.jpg

atu5a3e8.jpg

ahudysan.jpg

Full golf mk4 front end. Mates up well enough. Slight modification needed but that's the project to the sr20 Micra :)

Planning to use golf wings merged into Micra wings for perfect headlight fit compared to gaps on the stes yellow k11 ages ago

Hmm i don't think so
Well I will keep my reservations to myself maybe it looks cool when it is finished
But I think i'd rather play with fiber myself when i want a non standard look.

exactly what I thought, why a bloody golf? to me its sacrilege to do that to Japanese car, never been a fan of volkswagon.
But hey each to there own good luck with the project.

It's the confusion factor I'm after. When they get beaten they be like got beat by a golf, hold on a Micra??? Wtf lol

Back