• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Andy_S Micra SR20 - Done Properly

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
All this crap with Kristian ive now decided to do my own with my friend.

So i bought a L Reg Micra Super S for £250 in red and it had 4 advisories on MOT. Sills have slight corrosion and front brake pads near side and off side were low. Thats it for £250! The paint work was shoddy and laquer had been peeling everywhere but that didnt matter as i would be respraying it anyway so i took it straight home and started to strip it bare.
312036_10152231070140107_105695115_n.jpg

215398_10152231070315107_330452622_n.jpg

I bought some samples of Paint - Mazda Green or Crysler Violet and sprayed the bonnet half and half.

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
I went for green though as it was much nicer so...

I painted the bumpers and center console in the Mazda Green.

Then painted inside Black with Chassis Paint

Now with the painting im not bothered what it turns out like as ill be doing it myself and proberbly outside as i dont have a unit lol but as long as its green i dont care. It cost £250 for goodness sake. As long as it goes like the wind and works perfectly then not bothered. so the paint job wont be perfect.

Then i ordered Harness's and Cobra Bucket Seats which were made to order

Ive not fitted these as i waiting for the engine to be removed, wiring removed etc. The seats will be last thing to go in.

Now i need a Doner Car and ill be using the doner car clocks not the micra ones.

The engine bay will all get welded up to strenghten it all for the new engine as i might even Turbo it at a later date.

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Could do but the white one loom inside car isnt right and I want to transplant everything over including clocks and custom fit them to micra dashboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Huh? Lol confused now

U on about this micra or the white one?

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Neither :) just the small micra centre caps that can go inside the wheel.. just see if anyone has some before i hit the scrappys next week

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Well I'm being messed about with this white micra. Guy says he can't collect till Saturday now. He has till Saturday or he will be reported.

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Engine prob being removed Sunday and welding strengthening plates

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
So far nothing been done since as looking for a unit

Just thinking of what headlights and rear lights to use. I'm thinking golf mk4 headlights like stu did and skyline r32 or r33 clusters but not sure yet

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
nope thats all i did at weekend lol.

im going to be sourcing a new lower crossmember as that one is a bit rusty!

Hopefully get engine out at weekend

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Well I found a sr20det micra for sale on gumtree and went and saw it today and bought it. Very well built! Much better than what Kristian did for me. It's a 02 plate so it's facelift but its blooming rapid! Putting out around 250bhp. Will dyno it to confirm figures but brand new vxr Astra at side of me I floored it and left him well out of it haha his face is a great memory!

So with this project it is cancelled.

Almera is up for sale over weekend. If someone wants the almera ill sell it to you for £500. Just needs a thrust bearing!

Micra I was working on parts will be sold then shell will be used for a half a car trailer with the front end being scrapped :)

Pics to follow tomorrow

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Anyone got any experiance in what clutch I will need for 250bhp+ primera gearbox? Dunno what I'm looking for really lol

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
e5adarad.jpg

Properly done engine mount on gearbox side and not a mess!

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
looks a proper job andy :cool: bit of a squeeze in the engine bay eh !
It looks like it came from factory that engine option! There is a bit of space at the rear of the engine bay and the front also is quite decent. It's so smooth in driving, no knocks or bangs, slow around town driving is actually good fun in a small micra and I forgot what it feels like. Even better knowing I got 250 horses on tap! :biggrin:

But this really does look and drives like its been a proper job!

Next stop is to fit the bucket seats and strip rear seats out, tint back 3 windows and new exhaust system.

Ill prob change the almera Gti front brakes for drille and groove ones off my almera before I sell it.

Japi

Site Supporter
Nice car you´ve got there. I think it´s possible to "arrive in time" to places with this. I was just curious, is it possible to get that kind of nice engine into papers legally in UK? Here up north it´s practically impossible if there´s not somewhere in the world manufactured it for a road. Well, at least I don´t know any of these registered by Finn.

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
lmfao! yeah.

well Adrian Flux who insured me for the almera whilst i sorted the super s micra out stripping etc just did me a winner of a quote for vehicle change of extra £238 to insure micra ALL MODS DECLARED! i was like WINNER!!! so for me 3yrs NCB 25 yr old living in manchester £1300! Buzzing!!

James

Chairman
lmfao! yeah.

well Adrian Flux who insured me for the almera whilst i sorted the super s micra out stripping etc just did me a winner of a quote for vehicle change of extra £238 to insure micra ALL MODS DECLARED! i was like WINNER!!! so for me 3yrs NCB 25 yr old living in manchester £1300! Buzzing!!
Just hope to the gods you never have to claim with them... :)

...or don't declare anything, as I have it on good authority they check forum build threads like this for anything you may have forgotten to declare

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
lmfao! yeah.

What's the policy excess on that quote?