• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Andy_S Micra SR20 - Done Properly

Yup clean. They were done by a driveshaft company in leek Anyhow ill get this one off and my mate did my bucket seat mounts will be welding them. He a coded welder. I not giving up on this! No way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get them out and get them sent to agra engineering in dundee, for the price glen paid they are something ticked off the 'i hope they last' list. Afterall youve got the done properly title so get it done properly

Took driveshaft off an looks like they were just cut and welded. Not sleeved at all!
uzaba7y7.jpg

they probably did a pin and socket join andy, and it looks like it snapped a little to the side of the joint eh (you cant just buttweld the join :rolleyes:)

I think my welder will fill it with weld then still holes into it and weld into them and sleeve it and weld that up then drill more holes and then fill those sleeve holes with weld and make it extra strong. I've just got to make sure I don't keep flooring it in 1st or 2nd gear at slow speeds as it just wheelspins and puts excessive force on the welds when it gets grip!

That's my theory anyway

I think my welder will fill it with weld then still holes into it and weld into them and sleeve it and weld that up then drill more holes and then fill those sleeve holes with weld and make it extra strong. I've just got to make sure I don't keep flooring it in 1st or 2nd gear at slow speeds as it just wheelspins and puts excessive force on the welds when it gets grip!

That's my theory anyway

wherever you weld around the original shaft is always gonna be the weakspot tho eh, welding at an angle might help (around the shaft in an oval fashion).
welding them for N/A should,nt be a problem, but its the torque from a turbo that kills them eh

If it was me id have a strong threaded bar tapped into the shaft somehow so they screw together then drill holes and fill and sleeve over and a balance

At least my bucket seat is in lol

7y6ymyte.jpg

9ume2yqy.jpg

ydatyha2.jpg

9aze8uzy.jpg

Now to fit other side and remove rears then fit harnesses next month.

No offence taken :) that's how I wanted them to be. Bolt upright for track days Etc.

Well Micra is running again back on the road. Freshly repaired, Fresh MOT, Tax due end of April (lol) but thats nothing i cant resolve without a spanner haha) Going to take it my unit ive just aquired and strip the back seats out and fit passenger bucket seat and harness'

Should i keep carpet in at the rear or cut it back to just the footwells? (opinions please)

Gonna drive it about for a bit then its coming into my unit in a month or so and ill start prepping it for spraying into Mazda Green!

Should i do it all green or do a combo?

• Green bottom half and Black top half
  • Green front half and black back half
  • Green car with Black Bonnet, Black Roof

Also wheels.

Should i spray those Black with green lip?
Black Face with Green inside of the rim?
All Black
All Green

Im also toying with the idea of getting more cold air to the turbo feed and also cooling the intercooler more. but would this then look silly?

This idea comes with moving air filter to bulge out the bonnet with a little bonnet scoop (yes or no)
Also cutting the front bumper and mounting intercooler flush with bumper so nothing is stopping the cold air getting to the fins?

Sounds good but personally id try a different colour like the clio f1 yellow. With just an anthracite wheel. Each to their own though! Regarding intercooler if your not bothered about showing the intercooler then go on and get it right up front BUT if its going to be on the road alot then it only takes a lorry and a sizeable stone to pierce it. Oh and some scoop/ducts look really nice, check out the naca ones

ygyhasyg.jpg

ga7u7y7y.jpg

Seats and harnesses fitted. Rear seats removed. Look awesome! Feel awesome!

Took it out tonight and gave it a good blast up the motorway! Man I was shaking! It just pulled and pulled! It's ridiculous for such a small car haha. Love it!

I haven't given it any hard acceleration in 1st. Set off like normal and give it more power when u feeling it grip then bang into 2nd and let off clutch slowly not to jerk the car. But the other gears I have full throttle and it holds power very well.

Now time to start the videos :)

Exactly my thoughts, but I didn't like to say. Also I'd want to well and truly test those drive-shafts, and save the paint money for some custom ones just in case.

Say what you feel. Everyone has unique opinions :) I've wanted to just get out there and test it out but if it did go so soon I'd be heartbroken haha

well no because if these do hold out then ive just wasted £600+ on a set of shafts i didnt need :)

Anyhow they seem to hold up very well.

Took it for a trip to Liverpool One today shopping. did use half a tank though! haha

i had booted it a lot during the trip there once it had warmed up fully and it backfires like hell and sounds mint! goes like stink too so shafts seem to be upto the job.

however ive noticed my speedo is approx 10mph out somehow, dont know why but it said i was doing 80mph but GPS and my mate in another car said we were cruising at 70mph (his cruise control was on) so bizzare really, any idea's? gonna have to check certain speeds with my sat nav ive got.

well no because if these do hold out then ive just wasted £600+ on a set of shafts i didnt need :)

Anyhow they seem to hold up very well.

Took it for a trip to Liverpool One today shopping. did use half a tank though! haha

i had booted it a lot during the trip there once it had warmed up fully and it backfires like hell and sounds mint! goes like stink too so shafts seem to be upto the job.

however ive noticed my speedo is approx 10mph out somehow, dont know why but it said i was doing 80mph but GPS and my mate in another car said we were cruising at 70mph (his cruise control was on) so bizzare really, any idea's? gonna have to check certain speeds with my sat nav ive got.
Mine was out on my standard 1.0 until i fitted the Almera Gti wheels and tyres

Worked out my mpg today

I used half a tank going Liverpool and back. Well I checked mpg

I fill up £47 yesterday @ £1.377 a litre. That was 34.14L

34L divided by 4.5L (a gallon is 4.5L) is 7.55 gallons

156 miles since fill up so 156 / 7.5 is 20.8MPG

Not too bad I suppose lol

That was with some heavy driving too

Lol

Your running normal unleaded in that? Hopefully its set up for it.

Worked out my mpg today

I used half a tank going Liverpool and back. Well I checked mpg

I fill up £47 yesterday @ £1.377 a litre. That was 34.14L

34L divided by 4.5L (a gallon is 4.5L) is 7.55 gallons

156 miles since fill up so 156 / 7.5 is 20.8MPG

Not too bad I suppose lol

That was with some heavy driving too

Lol

Didn't think it would of mattered haha

Fair enough. Tesco 99? Sainsburys 97? Or shell v power or bp ultimate

V power is the best, BY FAR. Tesco next, everyone else way behind in joint third.

dont worry Ed ill be in contact when ive saved some pennies for a ecu remap and we can remove the extra injectors too at same time :)

Ill redo it. They copyrighted it as I had a song on it. I need to remove it now. It does work in 3d. Set ur tv to side by side.

Back