And here it is!

Vitus992

Ex. Club Member
After a wash, claybar, paint treatment, polish and a wax this is what she looks like.
I love it, the handling and the performance - nothing outrageous but for the money it is a bargain:
p86367158-4.jpg

First proper run in it tomorrow - off to Brighton.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Wow Vitus, NICE (Y). In fact, it's SO nice, I've stolen it and added it to the gallery on my website :).

Guy

Club Member
A pleasure dude! I've actually got a beginners claying kit on the way for mine, the paint is getting a bit dull and lifeless and a mate at work showed me the juicydetailing website :grinning:.

OP
OP
Vitus992

Vitus992

Ex. Club Member
Guy. Take the day out and really enjoy the process, it is quite a long one! Once claybared I recommend "Meguairs paint cleaner" (Marked as stage 1). Once you have this done the paint is ready for bringing back up to lustre. Follow this up with a good polish - everyone has their favourite, mine is Autoglym Polish and to seal that loveliness in the final stage for me Is Meguairs Carnauba wax. Once this is all done with cup of tea in hand rub your finger along the paint and feel how smooth it is, and then step back and enjoy your work.
As they say the devil is in the detail and you can then go as mad as you want, autosolve to clean the chrome on the tail pipe, Mer bumper cleaner for all the plastic and vinyl (wiper covers, black plastic around the wing mirrors and grille), also pleanty of good wheel cleaner out there as well. Did I mention glass? The the inside, but thats another story!
Just enjoy it, you will smile after.

Guy

Club Member
Problem is Vitus it's just rolled over 100,000 miles and the bonnet feels like it's been shotgunned! I tried waxing it once and it looked like it was covered in white dots. I need a new bonnet anyhow so if I find one at a scrappies in good nick I'm gonna change it. Isn't there a spray on wet look shine you use instead of paste wax?

OP
OP
Vitus992

Vitus992

Ex. Club Member
No I have always used the elbow grease method - have you tried some colour magic polish? Its not brilliant but it does camoflage some of the lesser marks, worked well on my K11.