...and also - Where to get a pair of front brake carriers! Thought would be simple!!!

Again I've looked everywhere and can find nothing ... not even 2nd user.

If anyone knows where I can get some it would be a massive help.

What a mess ... banjo bolt stuck and narled up ... carrier pin welded firm in the carrier.

Thanks as always guys ..... just when you thought life was going ok :)

They are out there, saw loads of front callipers when looking for the rear ones.
your local parts shop might be able to help as well, more comeback and instant refund/ reorder if they get the wrong ones in.

Remove the carrier, and apply some heat to it to remove the pin. Loads of rebuild kits come with the pins.
be careful with the carrier, rarer than a Dodos rocking horses hens teeth.

Remove the carrier, and apply some heat to it to remove the pin. Loads of rebuild kits come with the pins.
be careful with the carrier, rarer than a Dodos rocking horses hens teeth.

Hi Trike micra and thanks for the quick come back.

Well amazingly we managed get it out ... the head narled to hell but the main body in almost perfect order.

I've found folks on-line who supply all manner of similar bolts but I don't know the spec ... i.e thread size, pitch etc. Would be great to get access to a detail manual that gave component specs ... I think it's a fairly ordinary bit of equipment if I knew the size, thread etc and could order it from anyone.

Is a point though, I didn't think to take it up to the motor factors and see if they could compare it etc. Worth a try.

Anyone know the bolt size and thread etc?

As you can see, mine is a bit of an involved build, got to learn an awful lot about them along the way.
AA414A4B-8533-4B10-AE54-0F772A4630CB.jpeg

As you can see, mine is a bit of an involved build, got to learn an awful lot about them along the way.View attachment 70797
Ok that's pretty amazing to say the least. Makes our bog standard 95 look very tame :)

Yes I put the carrier in a vice, sprayed the pin with WD40 and tapped it with a hammer for a couple of mins.

Then found that a 22mm spanner fitted the head of the pin near perfect. but didn't budge.

So put the pin itself in the vice and then tried turn the carrier body and it gave a little. Lots of WD40 and a slow left right turn and pull and pop!

Was strange the top end of the pin was seized solid. But the bottom 70+% was greased, clean and fine. Turns out this been stuck for two MOT's but the brakes were good enough to still get through

Ok that's pretty amazing to say the least. Makes our bog standard 95 look very tame :)

Yes I put the carrier in a vice, sprayed the pin with WD40 and tapped it with a hammer for a couple of mins.

Then found that a 22mm spanner fitted the head of the pin near perfect. but didn't budge.

So put the pin itself in the vice and then tried turn the carrier body and it gave a little. Lots of WD40 and a slow left right turn and pull and pop!

Was strange the top end of the pin was seized solid. But the bottom 70+% was greased, clean and fine. Turns out this been stuck for two MOT's but the brakes were good enough to still get through
At least you know there is life after the rust sets in???

Back