Ancient k10 wanted

kristian

One Way Mule
Im looking for as old a k10 as possible with as good a body as possible..

Aslong as there is no significant underbody rust.. any detachable panel damage ( tailgate , wings , doors etc etc )

A running A-reg or somthing would be brilliant..

CAN collect a car without tax or mot with cash and tow-away..

lemme know whats going guys..

kristian

yea.. seen a few.. inc a collette.. but is specifically the oldest ones with single piece seats etc..

Im keeping an eye open on there...

thanks tho

I have a 1986 colette i could be persuaded to part with.

Paint work is faded. There are small rust holes, one under driver window, and one under windscreen. Will take pics if interested. They are small. No tax, No Mot.

Mechanically sound, passed previous mot without work. Arches are fine, under car looks fine.

I'll get some pics over the weekend. The car is at my parents house in Waterlooville Hampshire.

What sort of money are you looking to pay?

Just a thought, Do you have any mobile welding gear suitable to weld a driver side engine mount on a k10? If so, would you be willing to weld the mount for me? If so, £50 would be fine.

I can do this welding you want.. I can bring my Mig and small gas bottle..

Sounds like we might have a deal pal..

I need some pics and some basic info..Im only interested in the car if its pretty rot free underneath??

..dont want and huge sill or inner arch rust..

thanks

I'll get pics for you this weekend mate. All the arches, underneath, sils body work etc... Has around 45k miles on it.

I need to make clear the welding work is to fit a cg13 into the k10.

attachment.php

I am hoping a k10 mount will fit, moved further backwards. I have not measured this yet.

How soon would you want to collect the car?

Pretty soon pal..

Does the CG mount fit inside that mount?.. if so we should be able to make it work..

do you have tools?.. this old mount would need spot welds drilling out and removing to move further back..

pics of the 1986 k10 woud be great thanks

like this picture, a 2nd mount welded further back.

I don't think it will be an easy job.

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 186
I understand..

Do you want me to remove old mount?..

I can come and bring my tools and do all the work with a friend.. I would do this for a straight swap for the car.. you are around 500mile round trip away anyway..

hi kristian

I got some pics. They are not great - I did my best. As you can see the arches are fine. I couldn't get a good look / pic of the car underside, but generally the car is solid, there are just the few small body rust patches pictures.

The car has been stood for a good few months now, but starts easily with a boost. Battery will need charging. dash shows 44kmiles.

http://www.silentfeature.com/car_pics/

there are some pics of a k11 1.3 gearbox with flywheel and clutch - in case you are interested in that at the same time.

I also added a few pictures of the engine mount problem.

Well the car seems fine pal..

I could offer 50 quid for the box??.. I dont really have a need for the clutch, so you could sell that on elseware..

What loom do you have with the CG13 engine?.. the more of it you have the better.. Ideally the full cars worth..

How would sunday the 28th sound..?.. 3 days after boxing day?

Thats not this sunday but the sunday after..

I think the roads would be very quiet for my long trip down and back..

That would be fine by me.. I dont know how things are with yourself over xmas..

Cheers

WHYS THIS MAN BANNED??

Curtis.. I might take you up on that offer depending on whats happens with this mon..

Back