AN ANGRY Member or NOT ?

Hi All, I want to sell my car but Max has just stopped my sale saying that I have to be a fully paid member. which I thought I was as I have been paying a small amount every month, ( a bronze account ) are you trying to tell me that I'm NOT a member of the MSC? If so I will stop my account altogether.

Peter Rowley

I'm not in a position to answer Peter.

I have however tried to find the home page to see the various levels of paid membership allow, but can't find them.

Edit, actually I found this page https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/f-a-o-non-club-forum-members-why-you-cant-post-a-thread-here.33216/ which means as a Bronze member you can sell something. From that page A. To sell through the Micra Sports Club you need to be either an Official Club Member i.e Bronze, Silver or Gold.

Also who is Max? and perhaps Max would like to address all the posts about people paying for membership of the MSC who never got what they paid to receive and never got a reply to their posts.

Edit, I've hit the report button to see if anyone is active these days,

Of all the hundreds of forums I visit this forum is the only one I've experienced heavy handed moderation, and it looks like things haven't improved. I'm sorry you're getting it too Peter.

Last edited:

James

Chairman
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the message and first of all apologies for the confusion here.

Upon investigation it would appear that you have created two accounts, and it's your other one that has the membership. As Max has no way to know this, his actions in the first instance were correct.

I will reinstate your thread, I would imagine you've lost the password for your old account at some point? If so I will reset it for you :)

Regards,
James

PS: For the record @1275 Max is a moderator on both here and the Facebook group.

As for the comment about activity these days, you know I'm around at the moment as we had a discussion in another thread about the themes!

With regards to your opinion on our moderating stance, I have looked at the moderator logs for the past two weeks and 90% of the actions taken have been moving threads to the correct section (for example this one has been posted in K11 Micra Blogs so will be moved), cleaning out spam posts and a handful of non-member selling posts

Thanks James, I should also really have remembered Peter had created a new account. I'm pleased your interest in the forum continues, I appreciate it. My comments about moderation date back to 9 years ago, perhaps my impression is out of touch with the reality these days, I certainly hope that's the case.

Edit, is the home page still there? I'll google it now, however I can't see a way to get to it from the forum.

2nd edit, I guess not, I only ever came here via the forum so no loss really.

James

Chairman
Thanks James, I should also really have remembered Peter had created a new account. I'm pleased your interest in the forum continues, I appreciate it. My comments about moderation date back to 9 years ago, perhaps my impression is out of touch with the reality these days, I certainly hope that's the case.

Edit, is the home page still there? I'll google it now, however I can't see a way to get to it from the forum.

2nd edit, I guess not, I only ever came here via the forum so no loss really.
I thought about bringing the homepage back, but it didn't really offer much in the way of content so figured for now straight into the forums is fine!

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
In the nearly 3 years I've been on this page, I haven't seen many problems with the moderation on the forums anyway, and I think they do a great job considering they aren't paid and are here for the love of 90s **** boxes like the rest of us.

Peter, max never could have known you have a different paid account, so give him a break. You need to cancel those payments and swap them to this account since you can't use it if you want the benefits seeing as the moderators aren't psychic and don't know about another paid account.

The Facebook page is a bit over moderated in some ways, but then again Facebook is full of morons so it it needs to be treated a bit differently. Anyone serious about micras should be one the forums anyway, which would cut out some of the idiocy.

Just my thoughts anyway

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app