Amp Wiring

Hi Guy's
I'm currently half way through ripping to pieces an re-sticking my micra back together an one thing I'm having trouble with is amp wire. I've had the dash half off looking for a bung or summat to shove it through, and I'm starting to eye up the power drill and line up gaps in the firewall. Anyone able to help?

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
If it's a K12 you're snookered, there isn't one :mad:. If it's a K11, there's a steering column bung you can use :).

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
It's fine upto maybe 10 amps (120W) but I agree, anything higher don't use it!

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
so is the wiring in the car. is it?
I'm supplied my fuse taps by the companies that supply the product that I fit! So therefore the companies that supply the taps are trying to blow people's cars up??
All that would happen is the fuse would blow, not forgetting that 40amp are what I use most commonly as they are the same rating as the wires the items I fit use, I also have more industrial fuse taps for handling much more current, and as bulkheads are becoming more sealed and less accessible then fuse taps are going to be more common place aside from drilling a hole in the bulk head

Admittedly I only go up to 80amp but that should be sufficient for 1000w amp

OP
OP
Al Shore
hehehehehehehe legends absolute legends didn't even think of the steering columns, someone mentions tapping the fuse box to me too, didn't sound hopeful to be honest, running a 12inch 300w sub heehee, got to re-lay the cable after I get a new one, I got one about a foot too short to run power one way, signal other lol so got both down the passenger side at the mo with a hole going from behind my dash into the engine bay, took some drilling, maybe my partners right, I shouldn't have power tools,