Amp repair

B

Ben

As many of you know, i blew my amp about 4 month ago and still have not had it repaired, well time has come as most other things are out of the way. I have been quoted around £80 at a local repair shop to fix it but they havent actually looked at it yet so cud b more n knowing them it probably will be. I also think that i totally fried the amp so does anyone know any places that repair things like this??

For example www.fixmyradio.co.uk they come and pick it up, fix it and drop it off again all for like £55 but they dont do my amp - mac audio so does anyone else know anything like this?? Also, is there any chance CAD would fix it as thats where i bought it from

Could you contact CAD about contacting Mac Audio themselves?

If possible, take off the back cover of the amp, and take some high res pictures of the amps innards.

I can then take a quick look and see if anything is definately fried.

:)

Retepetsir said:
If possible, take off the back cover of the amp, and take some high res pictures of the amps innards.

:)

I guarantee i would injur someone or break something trying to do it

Should just be a few screws and thats it..........hmmm

Unless you can convince Mac Audio that its covered under warranty!

could you not just try taking it around to a few local places and see if you can get a free quote, they might do it if they think theres some business in it for em!
iv a head unit that needs fixing took it to a place over the town and the guy said he couldnt get the part to fix it so charged me nowt.

Ben, you tried Tony's Audio Repairs?

5, Atkinsons Building, Trimdon St, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear SR4 6AH
Tel: 0191 5656168

Thanks Hugh, ill give em a ring tomorrow - i spoke to my local repair shop n he said he wouldnt even be able to look at it untill about 10 days time so i spoke to CAD n they gave me the repair shop the they use and i rang them n they said they dont do audio repairs anymore so i was a bit confused, back on the blower to CAD and they gave me another number so ill try both tomorrow - thanks

Theres a place in sunderland across from b&q, not sure of the co name tho, but they do audio repairs. I took my headunit there once but the chiip in it was fried so walked over to halfords and bought a new one, lol

Could be trimdon thinking about it, lol

Hugh, i rang that Tony character n he says he doesnt do amps so i was pretty much buggered but i got an email off CAD with the number of the supplier of the amp on it so i gave them a ring and spoke to some woman for quite some time, next thing she was telling me to bubble wrap it and have it ready for collection at around 2ish. (this was about 12) had to get bubble wrap and all sorts, anyways they charged me £35 for courier + inspection fee and then there gonna charge me whatever it is to repair on top of that so at least the bowl is rolling

yeah they are, they said they are going to ring me before hand and let me know how much it will cost to fix it, i got a quote of £90 from my local shop but theyre dicks n took them 2 weeks to repair my HU so wasnt keen. So far i paid £35 for inspection and delivery so hopefully as long as its around the £90 im not bothered + it cost £200 new so hopefully wont be too much, just have to keep fingers crossed, i wil be sanding the bloody paint off this time though when i earth it. I am a total hazard when it comes to electronics. Also, looking into a new HU, i was liking that JVC one that Graeme was interested in, maybe once he amp is sorted

i fried my amp today :( audiobahn a8002t bastard thing was smoking like a bitch...does it cost much if it is fried? i opened it up n checked it n looks like one of the bluey colour chip/heatsink? thingys changed colour to a sandy ish colour also these little things which i can only kinda describe as "fuses" got roasted too (only they aint see through has a pin coming outta each end of it n its a small tube "floating" in the middle im sure u techy guys know what im on about...) makes my car stink too damn smoke

i dunno mate about costs and that - im pretty sure that the inside of mine was totally roasted like n the shop near mine quoted me £80 but that was without looking n the parts for my amp r ded hard to get. I still aint heard from them about my amp n its been over a week - a wee bit worried now though as i just want it back, think i will get on the blower to them on Monday - You can try www.fixmyradio.co.uk and they will come pick it up, take it away, repair it whatever the problem and bring it back to you for about £54 + VAT i think - thats if they do audiobahn hope it helps

Hope you get the amp sorted without costing you too much. Cheers for letting me know about Tony's must just be head units he does.

no problem lad, i think i passed an audio shop called tony's audio repairs on the way to Neils today - same one?

yeah, i drove past about 25 times trying to find Neils house - dirty mackems all over :D

Was on the phone to the company today and they told me i had to pay an extra £8 and that it was fixed and on its way to me so should be here on Friday so i chuffed. Would reccomend them but cant remember their name so will get it though. Anyway that comes to a total of about £51 including pick up and delivery so as long as it works would highly reccomend them other than that their extremely hard to get a hold of. Anyway, will make sure it works when i get it back and earth it properly this time

took it back to where i got it n im getting it fixed right now for FREE :D i blagged my thing about it just roasting when i turned the ignition on i dunno y blah blah n then they checked it said it was water damage so i aint complaining n they fixing it 4 free :D (just my update heh) but thats cheap tho big ben

it is that, i got mine back on monday but i aint had chance to check it yet or get it back in the car coz its in the garage having the front panel welded and i busy. Might be able to get it in on thursday but car is looking a bit poorly at the minute, still just spoke to wayne n we gonna go ahead at the end of the moneht eith my new boot, splitters and skirts and new grill so hopefully i will have enough left over to get the bumper n bonnet sprayed to match my car -

it wasnt exactly water damage it was me playing about with it n i think it was because the ground wasnt totally secure n was like a mm off the body of car or something that fried the amp yes something was fried in it car smoked out lolbut if they say its water damage n i dont have to pay anything so i aint complaining

Back