amp good enough

S

snanes

just bought alpine type r swr-1241d sub, 1000w max, 300w rms.

planning to buy a vibe black box 2 to power it, 600w, 300w rms.

is this a good choice or can i power the sub better for the same money sort of money? paying £150 but would pay a little more.

also is the sub, some type s (17cm, 150w)components in the front and tweeters gona give me the all round sound i'm wanting or is it gona be missing some punchy bass?:glance:

thanks

Rockford Fosgate have a good 300wrms mono amp for £140:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3140&cadid=fab8e7d900394fc683d3de4b4ed5944e

Magnat have a great 450wrms mono amp for £100 on offer atm:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3587&cadid=fab8e7d900394fc683d3de4b4ed5944e

They are an excellent brand and thats a cracker of a deal, with a bit more power too :)

Ideally for best performance from the front speakers, you should amp those too.

hate to say i told you so snanes :laugh:

glad you found the forums and i told you pete was the man in the know about ice ;)

happy hunting on ebay and the likes.

Edit: on another note what size cable is reccommended for sort of power setup?

Upto 300wrms 8awg would be fine, but I know the Magnat 450wrms amp takes 4awg, and so do quite a few others.

a 4awg kit is only around £30 :)

Sorry for stealing your post but...

this any good

Or this?

Or is it better to split up the deals and buy the bits individually?

what other subs and amps are reccommended? i want a system that is total SQ rather than DB what do i need, also i dont want it to break the bank (kev your business back up yet)?

any of these any good?

this one (1)?

this one (2)

basically i want two front speakers for my mids (amped)
A sub and amp for the bass and i will use the factory tweaters for the highs...unless this is not reccommended.

the main music i will be playing will be hip hop so i need a system suitable for that please help my requirements are

1 x sub and box (ported or sealed) whatever is reccommended
1 x front speakers (coaxial or componant) again whatever is reccommended
2 x amps one to suit each of the above
1 x most suitable wiring kit
1 x tweaters (if you think they are nessecery) i'll have spare cable for them as i'll be loosing the std rear 6x9's

if i have phrased anything wrong there please correct me as im crap with ICE and i want to learn also if im making no sense explain where and why cheers all

Dave

got a bid in on a black box 2 on e-bay already but if that doesn't come through i'll take up your recommendation of the magnat, cheers pete,

edit: and dave get your own post!!!:suspect: :p

Back