Almera/Primera/200sx or other Cats

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
would any of these fit?

am planning on getting a high performance cat for the micra so i can take out the primary one and install this without affecting the flow too badly,

does anybody know if any of the above will fit the micra? ( Frank? lol )

thanks,

Tom

If the overall mission is to get set up to use cheeper/more easily available performance cats, or even if the type of thing you need just isn't available for the micra, then how about modding the system you have to suit, get a say 200sx cat from the scrappy with the flanges and a bit of pipe either side, cut the existing center section to suit, and weld/get welded in the flanges with the correct spacing for the "new" cat. This could always then be replaced with a higher flow version at a later stage, knowing that you now just need to buy the cat for the other car.

Fingers crossed that there is a straight bolt in mod though!

fwn......whay dont you just buy a perfomance high flow cat???? then you can use it when the car is turbo'd?

check out demon tweeks, thats where ive got mine form

would any of these fit?

am planning on getting a high performance cat for the micra so i can take out the primary one and install this without affecting the flow too badly,

does anybody know if any of the above will fit the micra? ( Frank? lol )

thanks,
Tom

i,ve read that the almera/primera/micra 2nd cat is same one anyway tom :eek:, and i doubt it they are very restrictive (apart from the poorly designed outlet, ie a flat plate with the pipe protruding and obstructing flow even more fwn)
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=13834&stc=1&d=1259076625

Attachments

• SDC10169.JPG
    SDC10169.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 155
barely. i had a janspeed manifold and new 2nd cat but failed CO by 0.05%
the primary is hotter and does most of the work while the 2nd is too far back and barely hot enough to work.
so i had to reinstall stock manifold just to pass.

Back