Almera Brakes Help

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Well i went to a scarppy today and i found a almera which had vented brakes. I got the discs and capilars and i tried to fit them in m micra.

Are they a direct fit? I didnt see which alerma it was (silly me :S) but it was a T reg

If there not a direct fit, what needs doing?

Thanks guys

you just need a washer or two between the caliper and hub (to get the disc to run centrally in the caliper) :grinning:

the centre hole of the pulsar discs are also slightly bigger than the micra so will run off-circle and hit the caliper. i used some tape on the hub centre to centre the disc.

I got Almera N15 brakes, but you can only use 232mm discs (or 240mm from a N14), the 247mm discs dont fit. And there are 2 types of brake pads, one for 232mm discs and another that fits 240mm discs.

prob, mine is the pulsar GTIR calipers with 256mm dia grooved discs. fitted on my micra hub the disc & caliper does seem abit too close, it rubs when i get the discs hot. gona grind abit off the inside caliper face to fix it

prob, mine is the pulsar GTIR calipers with 256mm dia grooved discs. fitted on my micra hub the disc & caliper does seem abit too close, it rubs when i get the discs hot. gona grind abit off the inside caliper face to fix it

Just saw Matt's Micra parts catalog, says that GTi-R discs must be machined to have 3mm less in diameter...

Just made the payment for a full set of GTi-R calipers (front and rear), will try to adapt the rear calipers on my Micra using some rear disc conversion brackets, just waiting for them to arrive... The rear brake bias valve will handle the calipers?

So i got the brakes fitted and they work ace! only problem is that i need to press the foot pedal down a tad more to get them to engage, (although when they do WOA) I though it may be air trapped but i had bleed them

Any ideas?

you will get a slightly longer pedal (bigger pistons to fill) try clamping each hose in turn to see if one corner needs more bleeding

Just made the payment for a full set of GTi-R calipers (front and rear), will try to adapt the rear calipers on my Micra using some rear disc conversion brackets, just waiting for them to arrive... The rear brake bias valve will handle the calipers?

the rear bias valve of my rear drum & rear disc micras were the same

So i got the brakes fitted and they work ace! only problem is that i need to press the foot pedal down a tad more to get them to engage, (although when they do WOA) I though it may be air trapped but i had bleed them

Any ideas?

if the brake pedal engages too low relative to the throttle, you could adjust the brake pedal/master cylinder shaft screw. if throttle pedal still too high, thicken the throttle pedal bumpstop (to lower the resting point) and readjust the throttle cable.

remember to also bed in/burnish the brakes to get more initial bite so you don't have to press so hard for the same braking force

Any ideas?

If you want less brake pedal travel, fit Primera GT master cylinder, but you have to get 3 braided brake hoses to adapt it, the rest is plug and play...

the rear bias valve of my rear drum & rear disc micras were the same

Ok, thanks (Y)

Back