Almera airbox

rob

you just need to shorten the straight pipe a bit (i cut mine near the flexy bit, and shoved it into the flexy) and then twist the bracket slightly, then it all lines up ok

rob

they give a nice bit of induction roar btw :cool: (tho it could be down to these cams or the lack of resonator tube)

i thought the ga14 and ga16 air boxes are slightley diffrent...iirc one has a resinatior box in i think...tommo did the swap on his ga14 almera, bar the resinatior there the same, and theres no power gian diffrance between ither....will give you gians on a k11 tho with it being a bigger box...also i would put an uprated panel filter in there to give you abit more gian ;)

the standard intake is good, just people dont realise that open filters get heat, witch isnt good for the engine...the almera box is enclosed and bigger there for better than a standard micra box and gets no heat just cold air. :)

yeh i understand the difference and thats why i prefer enclosed boxes...but i eman that a moicra box is smaller wouldnt that mean there is more pressure and more suction so more air taken in? rather thwan haveing a bigger air box with less pressure? so actually less gain?

Not really. It's quite confusing to think about, because we're surrounded by a world of forced aspiration, but basically, the idea is that the more air you get into the engine, the more power you have.

Forced aspiration compresses that air, so you have a more explosive mixture to start with, and you can get more in there.

N/A is all about getting as much airflow as you can. And cold air is more dense then hot air, so the colder the air, the better.

The air filter is there to simply stop crap getting into the engine. If the world was a sterile environment, then you'd have no need for an air filter, and the engine would just suck air in from around itself, or from a hose to get a cold feed. So therefore, the bigger the air filter, the more air can get through it at once, meaning that more air can get to the engine at once.

Although there is probably a point where getting bigger won't do anything.

Back