Almera airbox air filter??

lol...i got that much ;)....just been searching on the ebay and billion different ones came up, found it a little unnerving :confused:

many thanks for the part number :) ... i'll be following your guide to install the thing...lets hope i dont run into any probs, any bits of advice? oh and the detachable bottle thing on the snorkel, shall i leave it on or take it off?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Mine never had it, I just taped the hole up.

You'll need to relocate your carbon canister also. As in push it down or rotate it :-D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

im going to rotate it :), will the airbox give a decent sound? with regard to the bottle thing does anyone know what it is there for? is it some type of air restrictor?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
You get quite a bit of noise yeah,. You can dull it down with an air pipe.

The Almera snorkel pretty much makes it silent :)

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
Which almera box do us micra lovers use?? The 1.8l?? I'm only running a 1L but looking for little mods to give a little extra :)

I think any airbox off the n15 almera (95-99 i think??), the older shape of the almera with a GA16 engine will do, We'll have to get skymera to comment if it makes any difference tho, i cant get mine on till the bloody snow clears up.... :rolleyes:

skymera

Brutal Honesty
I think it was proven to make a marginal difference. Nothing you'd really notice though :)

I found a cold air feed exaggerated the flat spot around 2.5k.

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
skymera said:
I think it was proven to make a marginal difference. Nothing you'd really notice though :)

I found a cold air feed exaggerated the flat spot around 2.5k.

What would you advise me to do for little more power??