Ally wheels

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Hi John D dont really know what "marque" you mean, but i have a 998cc SE 5 door petrol auto.
Is it a Mark I, II, III or IV? (K10, K11, K12 or K13). Without knowing the year of manufacture I guess it is Mk II K11 (up to 2002). The hub spigot diameter on those is AFAIK 57.7mm, whereas the K12 (2003-2010) is 60.1mm, so while K12 wheels will fit on a K11, the disparity between the spigot location diameters will mean that they will not concentrically line up on the hubs so will run out of true. Conversly the K11 wheels will not fit on K12 hubs without the centres being bored out to 60.1mm..........

OP
OP
M
Sorry john D thought id put that it was a 2001 k11 It is a lovely unmolested car just coming up to 18,000 miles and i just want to give it subtle upgrades, but keeping it original if that makes sense, also just purchased a set of fog lights with all accessories (light stalk Relay and loom) brand spanking new still boxed :). Appreciate your help John. (y)

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Sorry john D thought id put that it was a 2001 k11 It is a lovely unmolested car just coming up to 18,000 miles and i just want to give it subtle upgrades, but keeping it original if that makes sense, also just purchased a set of fog lights with all accessories (light stalk Relay and loom) brand spanking new still boxed :). Appreciate your help John. (y)
For an 18 year old car that is seriously low mileage! I've had my K12 for a bit over two years now and have put an extra 24,000 miles on it in that time even as a second car:oops:.
Only downside of a low mileage old car is that suspension components, rubber bushes/gaiters etc tend to fail due to lack of regular flexing........

OP
OP
M
Yes i have my eye on things like that, the cv gaiters are showing signs of perishing, no splits as yet but a job i will be doing for sure in spring.

K12 6spoke 15inch alloys are a nice suitable alloys for a k11 same bolt pattern
Also Nissan cube ,
Some alloys may need a thin spacer but the style suits the k11
15inch is suitable as a size limit ,

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
spigot rings yes , but also a 3mReplym spacers as the center caps can hit the hub cap on the rear axle,
I'm surprised by the need for a spacer as the rear hub spigots on the K12 rear drums is 16/17mm long (stops you fitting 16mm hub-centric spacers on the rear wheels of the K12 as the spigot fouls on the inside of the bore on the spacer before the spacer reaches the mating face of the hub), so the dust cap on the K12 rear hubs is about 20mm from the wheel location face so would have thought that there was plenty of room on OEM K12 alloys to accomodate the shorter hub spigot on the K11....

basically the k11 rear hub caps stick out alot, if they were shortend or removed (not the best unless greased up the nut and threads) then theres no problem, the k12 and note, use flat hub caps,

455476555c7076afa67af5bce841673a.jpg

i have these for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk