Alloy wheel refurb

Hey starting to refurb some wheels I just got one to try first this is the first stage after being power washed.
Going one step at a time starting with the wheel.
Trying to get an idea what the k12 may look like in black and yellow possibly wrapped.
Anyhow this is just the matching one that arrived today to be used for a spare I wonder if this will fit in place of the original spare.

Attachments

Hey starting to refurb some wheels I just got one to try first this is the first stage after being power washed.
Going one step at a time starting with the wheel.
Trying to get an idea what the k12 may look like in black and yellow possibly wrapped.
Anyhow this is just the matching one that arrived today to be used for a spare I wonder if this will fit in place of the original spare.
See my thread HERE on fitting a full size 16" spare in my K12.....

Today have started to sand down the 15" wheel with an orbital sander and am going to finish up with a smaller sander tomorrow.
yes its a mess I hope that I have not ruined it at this stage. Mainly was making sure the inside has a decent key.
Will be getting the primer paint and gloss when I get into the store next.

Looks beat up to me at this point haha:unsure: However it feels nice and smooth to the touch after the second pass of sanding.:D
first sand down.jpg