Alien10 K10 Project

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
thanks speedle, trying to find out if the lights are fogs or driver's lights

plus iam going to sell both of the spoilers in the picture above

to day i also installed a stealth shelf to hide my speakers and installed a new ministry of sound gear knob i got of ebay, but the thing never came with any grub screws to fix it on the stick :-(

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
yesterday i sent the day in the garage, putting on my foah body kit, well the front ane rear bumpers.

iam doing the side skirts next week end, going to clean up the side first, and rust treat them with some red oxcide first.

got a ring wiring kit of fleebay to day so iam going to hook up the fogs when i can get my head around the instructions

lucky for me there in the same colour as my car. even my wife says it looks better now than with the black bumpers, although she thourght nissan was a french company. its true what they say about woman that are pregnuant, they start to forget things.

after the skirts are on, the next job is a new front slam panel and take out ny headlights and dry them out and reseal them, as they let in a little bit of water when it rains.

also from the picture of the back of the car you can see my parcel shelve that i've had covers with cloth to hide my speakers.

Attachments

• DSCF0422.JPG
    DSCF0422.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,601
  • DSCF0423.JPG
    DSCF0423.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,168
  • DSCF0424.JPG
    DSCF0424.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 384
OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
its the slam panel, its bent in a bit, from when i got it, once i get a new one it'l all be strauight again.

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
looks loads better mate but you need to sort that front bumper allignment out its really letting it down

iam ordering a new slam panel to day, so it'l be sort'd by the time the weekend is over, and iam off to autoworld the weekend after next to get some primer and paint for the spoiler, wing mirrors and door handles, then once thats done it'l be a complete nissan light blue k10, till i can afford a better paint job, like bay side blue.

while the nwe panel is being fitted, iam going to dry out the head lights and reseal them, and wire up the fogs on the front bumper.

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
cheers speedle

i've now order'd my new slam panel, should be here in the next day or so, and it only cost £36.98 and thats with the p&p too.

then its off to my mates garage, with his mig welder, to fit it and sort out my head lights :D

might think about getting some blue blubs for the side lights or is that a bit sad

Curtis said:
I think an open mouth grill will look good on that!

Cant wait to get mine

thats prob my next job once i've sort'd out the slam panel.

Speedle said:
sounds good mate going to look ace one youve done all that :D big thumbs up from me :D

cheers dude, its an old car, but i love it

Attachments

• front slam panel.JPG
    front slam panel.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 340
OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
good man and thats what will make it a good car, and that price for the slam panel was a bargain! ncie work dont forget some work in progress pic when you weld it on ;)

i will do mate, theres no worries there.

what you think about blue side lights or is that just sad and shouldn't be done

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
time for an update

seen as it's been a nice sunny day, i went out and installed my new thermostat, and my new dizzy cap and the ht leads i got from daveeeee.

car starts up better now ive done it.

test'd the old thermo in some hot water and nothing happened so i sound now notice it stop over heating and the needle going to 3/4 of the way up.

the next job is the front slam panel and to dry out the headlights and wire up the front fog lights.

this will get done when my wife go's in to labour, as i get 3 weeks off, the baby was due yesterday so it should be soon.

while my car is in next doors garage iam going to sort out the rust patch on the drivers side rear wheel arch and colour code my wing mirrors and spoiler to match the rest of the car.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
you can probably just use the lights u have on there now. there may be a cap on the bulb itself that you can take off to up the beam

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
will that make them legal

right 2mrw afternoon i'l go have a look, cant do it to nite gota few things that need doing.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
well it doens't matter does it cause they would come on with main beam so no one should ever see them cause then u would be blinding them!

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
thats it then, i see if there's any rubber on them, but i'l wire them up to the main beem, once i figure out how to do it with the ring wiring kit i've got

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
have you got them wired into sidelights now for fogs yet? if so just change trigger from sidelights to main beam!

andy88

Ex. Club Member
you can probably just use the lights u have on there now. there may be a cap on the bulb itself that you can take off to up the beam

fog lights have a narrower beam than driving lights, i made this mistake when buying mine, i now use my fogs lights as driving lights because i cant be bothered changing them.

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
there not wired up yet, as i don't know how to do it, got the instructions with the ring wiring kit, but i can't get my head round it must be having a bum moment

right heres my ring wiring kit, sad thing is i've lost the instructions on how to wire it up.

Ring wiring kit <----------------->

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
just paid for a open mouth front grille off arnold, all it needs is sanding down primed and painted, and mesh.

picture is off arnolds web site

Attachments

• grille.jpg
    grille.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 363
OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
cheers mate, that's good to know

can't wait to get my new grille from arnold, will look great on the car once it's spray'd up

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
right got bored this morning so i put on my sunstrip, cos i had nothing else to do

Attachments

• sunstrip.JPG
    sunstrip.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 365
OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
i was lucky, next door neighbour has done loads of the for his son and all his mates, so he help'd me do it.

nice plug on the seats mate lol

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
ok so i've been looking at back box's and iam not sure what to get

i've found two i like, but which one will look best

back box 1 (£39.99 + £13.85 p&p)

2" Twine Stainless exhaust box. This universal back box will fit 99.9% of vehicles.

This universal stainless steel exhaust box is manufactured from quality stainless steel, currently the best grade availible. This exhaust box is completely seemless, with no welding marks or joins showing. Each exhaust box is hand polished, to a brilliant mirror finish - for the ultimate looks. As expected with a product of this quality, every box comes with a lifetime guarantee as standard.

back box 2 (£28.99 + £14.50 p&p)

3" in wood rolled exhaust box. This universal back box will fit 99.9% of vehicles.

This universal stainless steel exhaust box is manufactured from quality T304 grade stainless steel, currently the best grade availible. This exhaust box is completely seemless, with no welding marks or joins showing. Each exhaust box is hand polished, to a brilliant mirror finish - for the ultimate looks. As expected with a product of this quality, every box comes with a lifetime guarantee as standard.

Attachments

• back box 1.JPG
    back box 1.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 350
  • back box 2.JPG
    back box 2.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 370

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
I like number 2 best (Y)

or .... I have the janspeed back box off my k10 which has been adapted to fit that you could buy off me ;)

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
174.jpg

but with different mounts and pipe will post up an actual pic in about half hour! pics on my blog of it too iirc.

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
theres a pic of your back of your car with it on, but no pic of the acutal back box itself.

will it come with the front and rear pipes with the centre silencer.

how much you looking for

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
looks good mate, does the end attach the middle silencer then

£30 deliver'd, you've got ur self a deal mate, do you take paypal

does it need any welding done

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
It attaches here : Backbox attached.jpg
No welding required just hacksaw off standard box and put this on and clamp up. 1 mount blots where the original rubber mount bolted to and the other hangs using original hanger.

will pm you regarding paypal :D