• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Alien10 K10 Project

alien10

Ex. Club Member
Right so i have decided to start a blog of my K10

i paid £200 for it in august 2007 after only passing my test at the begining og that month - 30 years old and only passing my test now o_O

below is some pics of the car the day i got her

PassangerSide.jpg

DriversSide.jpg

first thing that i did was new JVC head unit and JVC 6" by 9" in the parcel shelve, car seat covers.

ive now installed a spoiler which looks good.

things that need doing to the car, from when i got it.

1 - New Slam panel - now got just need to install it, that way it's sort out my headlights and front foah bumper.

2 - Two new side front side wings, as the ones on the car are not in good shape around the arches. (metal dude has two in storage for me for after xmas to pay for, now paid for and are on route to me) now replaced and looking good

thats it for stuff that needs doing to the car from when i got it. Below is the list of things iam going to do next.

* - Alloys (Curtis 13" alloys)
* - White Dials (got but can't connect them as the connect slots are smaller than my connects in my car
* - Remove the bumper strips on the side of the car & paint over

* - New Gas Shocks & Lowering Springs
* - Body Kit (foah bodykit, installing it next weekend)
* - Subs & amp in the boot (done, its an infinity basslink, and the drum & bass sound sweat)
* - Scoop on the bonet
* - Sort out the sunroof, stop it from do not evade the swear filtersleaking on my head (new sunroof on its way)
* - Back box(moddedmicra's janspeed is fitted and sounds wicked)
* - New air filter (k&N is poss)
* - Mod's to the engine its self, but iam not very good with engines so not realy sure what to change yet.
* - New Paint Job (thinking bay side blue)
* - Remove the nodding dog my wife put in (NOW DEAD)
* - New back window seals
* - Central locking
* - Boot Build (superls has done an excellent job)

the items in red are the now as completed

but its going to take me some time to get this list all done, as my wife is pregnant with our first child and its due on may 2008, so it a case of save, then buy when i've got enought saved.

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
its a 91 plate, the last owner left if out for 2 years under a tree before he sold it, and the colour matching, the last owner did it the day before i came to look at it.

going to sort the rust out, new wings and the rest can be sand'd down

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
right been playing with my car this morning.

a mate came round and we took out the back side windows, and cleaned them down, as the edges were covered in green moss a long with the seals. we also cleaned around the window area as well as too remove all the green moss as possible. the last owner left it park'd under a tree for a very long time.

My mate then decided it was time for the nodding dog to die, so he took it off the parcel shelve, taped it to a rocket i had left from bonfire nite and sent it up in smoke, only wished i'l filmed it know.

We then went about removing the car garage sticker in the back window and the alarm ones on the driver side window (theres no alarm fitted). It now looks better with out them.

next job for the car is curtis 13" alloys to be fitted, when they arrive and the two new front wings that will be coming next week. Also to treat all the rust with kurust and then respray the areas with the same colour as the rest of the car.

now i know that my blog isn't going to be a interesting as some on the forum, but i feel it's good to do a blog just to log what i've done.

K10

Ex. Club Member
now i know that my blog isn't going to be a interesting as some on the forum, but i feel it's good to do a blog just to log what i've done.

poppycock! all blogs are interesting, its good to hear peoples stories of ownership matey, no matter their taste / budgets :) :k10:

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
some of the budget micras can come out the best! i paid 100 quid for body kit and 50 quid to respray, the alloys were the most expensive bit!

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
is that £50 to respray the car or the body kit.

been told by one of the check out girls that at chesterfield college were they learn car machnics and spraying them, they will do it as long as you pay for the paint.

my alloys only cost £50 from curtis, waiting for them to arrive and there on baby :grinning:

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
£50 so was that for the paint then, cost thats a realy good price for a respray, cos iam realy thinking about respraying mine, in a dark blue, and £50 sounds a better price.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
yer cheapy compressor from aldi - £45
set of spray guns - £20
comercial enamel 2pack paint - £50
think some thinners etc but he already had them

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
nice, the cheaps paint i've paint ive seen is around £85 for 2.5L

so what size tin of paint would you thing would be enought, and how much thinner would i need, and do i need hardner as well

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
yesterday me and me mate (duncan) spent most of yesterday afternoon, replacing the front wings of the car, as you tell from the pictures above there well past it. once we had got the panels of we found that were the dark blue paint it, there is some p38 filler held in with kitchen roll and the blue patch by the bottom of the wheel was a bit of cardboard from a cornflake box. so we removed the wings, cleaned off any dirt the was under the old one's, and any rust that was there with kurust.

we also replaced the windows seals on the back side windows, as i got some newer one's from mental dude, along with the panels, the windows now site better against the seals and stop the little stream of rain coming in that i used to get with the old one's.

i also installed turborevs bulbs i got throw the post the other day, and they light up the road a lot better then the original ones ever did, might get some blue LED's in the side lights.

Attachments

• DSCF0382.JPG
    DSCF0382.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 412
  • DSCF0383.JPG
    DSCF0383.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 355
  • DSCF0384.JPG
    DSCF0384.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 379
  • DSCF0385.JPG
    DSCF0385.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 373
  • DSCF0386.JPG
    DSCF0386.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 413
  • DSCF0379.JPG
    DSCF0379.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 394
OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
and hes a picture of his bike that was in the garage as well, i add some picture of the car with the new panels on this afternoon when i've taken some more pictures of it on the street

Attachments

• DSCF0380.JPG
    DSCF0380.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 381
OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
right heres some pictures of the car in day light

on the drivers side you can see were i have spray'd over the rust, iam not very good at it, might have to get some one else to do it for me, and if you look at the front of the car you can see the headlights and not lined up, due to the slam panel being bent a bit

Attachments

• DSCF0394.JPG
    DSCF0394.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 406
  • DSCF0393.JPG
    DSCF0393.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 361
  • DSCF0395.JPG
    DSCF0395.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 362
  • modded k10.jpg
    modded k10.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 349

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
yer u can see the bits u have sprayed! Its hard to get a colour match with and older car ive found cause the paint has usually faded tons!

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
duncan away for a few weeks from tomorrow, but hes told me when he gets back hes going to sort out the parts i've sprayed up

curtis

Ex. Club Member
you got them alloys sorted yet? :p

if i can make it to the chester meet, ill bring the 5th alloys if thats ok?!?

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
not yet m8, bit short on cash till payday, i get paid on the 25th so iam getting them sorted then, the guy is going to take my tires off my car and put them on the alloys and balance them all for £45, he's doing it that cheap cos he wants the two good tires that are on the alloys now. i've order a set of locking nuts for them, just need to find some center caps, the diamater is 60mm so not having much luck yet.

ya mate the if you can get to the meet then by all means bring the 5 alloy, i'l be able to get that sorts as the spare.

been looking at the spray job i did yesterday, its dryed ok, you can just tell the the original colour has faded in the sun, so once i've finish doing all the work to the out side of the car i might pop over the road to my local spray shop (which i can see from my house) and see how much he will charge for a spray good.

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
right today i install my infinity basslink Mk1 today, thats from the advise from ollyc98 & mike (cheers guys).

sounds mental mow, drum & bass the way it should be heard, can't wait to play my old skool hardcore tomorrow.

next weekend its time for the bumper strips to come off, and the chesterfield meet. got superls to modifi his wheel arch covers, so theres no speakers on them just carpet, so i can hide the arches, will look cool when i open the boot once there in.

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
not yet, get paid thursday, so on friday as i finish at 1pm, iam going to get them done then, ready for the meet on sunday, still havn't found any centre caps with a 60mm diamater

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
finally got my alloys on to day, and they look mint

just need some centre caps now and they'l look even better, only thing is iam having trouble find nissan or plan ones with a 60mm diam, does any body know were i can find some

Attachments

• DSCF0399.JPG
    DSCF0399.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 436
  • DSCF0401.JPG
    DSCF0401.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 435
  • DSCF0400.JPG
    DSCF0400.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 411
OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
had to take the car back to the tyre place to day.

was driving round worksop, and was pulled over by another driver, my back wheels were wobbling, found out that the spacers hadn't been put on the back wheels. me and the wife thourght the wheels were going to come off they were banging that much.

the spacers are back on and now it drives find again, now knocking or banging, apart from the plank of wood in the boot that that the sub is on.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
yeh thats the problem i had when i had some astra alloys on the micra. i drove all the way to donny (2hours) with them on!!! lol

Looking good btw (Y)

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
cheers dude, realy impressed with them, i think there off a fiat, as they look the same as the one's that were on my wifes old cinquecento.

been for a quick drive now the spacers have been put on and its all back to normal, just the wheels caps if i can find some

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
oh well, they look good thats all that matters, well iam off next week, so the jobs for my car are to remove the bumper strips, and take out the passenge and back seats clean up the carpet and move the wires for the amp/sub and speakers so the run down the middle of the car and now along the passenge door under the carpet, plus it will look a bit tidyer in the boot not been able to see the wires lol

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
well this past wkend i had my car in duncans garage again. he gave me his keys before he went away so i could do some work when i wanted to.

so this wkend i took off the bumper strips at last, as the one and the passanger door was starting to fall of, and i've got to admint they came off easy then a expected.

so they've been sanded down and sprayed up. will post some pic's of the car when i get a chance.

the next job thats getting done is superls rear arch boxes, and a false shelve over the spare wheel, iam hoping its this wkend but i don't mind if its not as i know he's real buzy this wk.

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
well an update is in order

first off iam getting the head gasket fix'd the week after next, once i here back from Super S 1.5T i should be collecting his side skirts and wheel arches next friday, there in black so will look ok for now on the car with the black bumpers and spoiler.

Hopefully some time if superls has some spare time, he'l be able to put in my boot build. Falues ( =false lol ) fool, and wheel arch boxes.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
well an update is in order

first off iam getting the head gasket fix'd the week after next, once i here back from Super S 1.5T i should be collecting his side skirts and wheel arches next friday, there in black so will look ok for now on the car with the black bumpers and spoiler.

Hopefully some time if superls has some spare time, he'l be able to put in my boot build. Falues fool, and wheel arch boxes.

False floor perhaps :p :D

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
ok, yesterday evening superls took my car and installed a boot build, and i must say it is worth every penny i paid, he's done an excellent job and iam well impressed. showed a few mates today and there are even thinking of having it done.

Attachments

• DSCF0405.JPG
    DSCF0405.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 380
  • DSCF0406.JPG
    DSCF0406.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 384
  • DSCF0407.JPG
    DSCF0407.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 375
  • DSCF0408.JPG
    DSCF0408.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 358
OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
update time

first off i've got a small role of acoustic car carpet to do a stealth shelve (with the help of the DIY Guide by SammoHung <---- Clickie).

this weekend iam installing my new dizzy cap and the ht leads from daveeeee, plus some new sparks from halfords, and a new sunstrip cos iam feed up of being blind'd by the sun on the way to and from work.

iam also on the look out for two twin 40 DCOE's, and get them jet'd to 1300 cc and have a custom manifold made, or if that don't work a webber 34, iam after some power and induction.

hopeful Super S T1.5 should be bring me a set of black side skirts and wheel arch covers next weekend.

OP
OP
alien10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
next weekend iam installing a blue super s body kit

does any one know how to install the side skirts.

and the spoiler thats for the bottom of the back window, is up for sale as iam not really that keen on it on the car

Attachments

• super s front bumber.JPG
    super s front bumber.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,231
  • super s rear bumber.JPG
    super s rear bumber.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 1,024
  • super s side skirts.JPG
    super s side skirts.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 693
  • super s spoilers.JPG
    super s spoilers.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 307

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
ok, yesterday evening superls took my car and installed a boot build, and i must say it is worth every penny i paid, he's done an excellent job and iam well impressed. showed a few mates today and there are even thinking of having it done.

Where are the wires from the 6x9's running too?

You can get them much tidier then that, just by securing them to the parcel shelf and running them along each side.

boot.jpg

The speaker wire from the right mini sub goes behind it across to the left mini sub and then down past the left rear arch cover to the amp.

Your should be able to do something similiar and it will improve the look a lot!

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
next weekend iam installing a blue super s body kit

does any one know how to install the side skirts.

and the spoiler thats for the bottom of the back window, is up for sale as iam not really that keen on it on the car

thats a FOAH kit mate not a super s one ;) i had that kit in my first micra :) awesome kit!