• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Alfonze's Red K11

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
I know its a bit late to start a blog, but I shall run through what I have done so far..

First thing I did was colour code the centre console red (with thanks to my mate at work)
Then put some Red LED's in the speedometre.
Part way through debump stripping the back.
Fitted a Red light in the interior light.
Put some red and black car seats in (Im having a bit of bother with the back ones if anyone would like to help me)

Attachments

• my micra.jpg
    my micra.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 426
  • Photo-0023.jpg
    Photo-0023.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 463
OP
OP
Alfonze

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
My clear repeators came today so first thing I did was fitted them

Attachments

• Photo-0034.jpg
    Photo-0034.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 394
  • Photo-0036.jpg
    Photo-0036.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 416
  • Photo-0038.jpg
    Photo-0038.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 556
  • Photo-0039.jpg
    Photo-0039.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 404
  • Photo-0035.jpg
    Photo-0035.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 453

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Keep the cone on, I have two of those to fit to mine. Also looking good as well. Liking the centre console.

OP
OP
Alfonze

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
my mate at work did that for me as long as I supplied the paint, hes doing the same with my alloys. That needed refurbing, so they are going black :)

why does everyone think its all about performance lol. I don't have an air filter just because the induction roar is nice on my K10. It does make you faster in your mind, and it makes you faster because you keep going higher and higher in the revs so it gets louder lol!

OP
OP
Alfonze

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Super S clocks came today so I fitted them, they work fine just need to sort the LEDs out in them should look sweet.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
why does everyone think its all about performance lol. I don't have an air filter just because the induction roar is nice on my K10. It does make you faster in your mind, and it makes you faster because you keep going higher and higher in the revs so it gets louder lol!
u dont drive do you sly

yer surely you wouldn't know the performance gains etc if you can't drive it? being 16 and all. and you've got to have an air filter of some sort!

OP
OP
Alfonze

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
they all work fine, it seems just not too bright thats all.

looks like there are a couple of the bulbs not working?

just connect a 90degree drain pipe bend strait onto TB then a legth of drain pipe that goes behind the battery, then connect the air filter onto that, cost a couple of quid and you will get cold air going in:D

its been done before, will try to find a link

here you are: http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=18922&highlight=drain+pipe

Thats a simple job to do? Il get t done when I get my alloys on on monday I hope! :)

OP
OP
Alfonze

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Yeah I think I might need 1 more LED, but the guide I got says I only need four?

Attachments

• Photo-0047.jpg
    Photo-0047.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 404
no i don't drive, but i've driven various power cars on a private road near me and i've done all sorts of silly mods and noticed differences. Air filters don't do much for performance but they make some noise, and that noise tended to incline me to want to go faster.

OP
OP
Alfonze

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
yeah it kinda does, well makes me want to put more revs on. On another note I just had a fully comp quote for my car and it came up at like £3000?!?

OP
OP
Alfonze

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Its not a mod as such but I spent a fair few hours trying to repair my cig lighter this morning. I finally finished repairing it now it works Super!

OP
OP
Alfonze

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Well yesterday I got my red ashtray back and fitted again, along with my red around the speedometer cover. Being like 5am I cant get pictures now but I will have them tonight and I should have pictures with my alloys fitted:) Heres a picture of one of my alloys.

Attachments

• Photo-0058.jpg
    Photo-0058.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 369
OP
OP
Alfonze

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Well today my light brows so I had to paint and fit them I do think they they look rather nice on!

Attachments

• Photo-0073.jpg
    Photo-0073.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 376
OP
OP
Alfonze

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Ive decided not to spend anymore money on it after the spoiler and strut brace has come thats it other than a good clean!

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Lowering will make much more of a difference than a strutbrace.
Even if you just go for springs (around £80) You won't regret it.

OP
OP
Alfonze

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
yeah but was does lowering do and I cant do it myself . Also is another mod that will put my insurance up.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
a garage will fit them for you, the rear ones are an in and out jobbie, front ones are the hard ones to swap, you need a spring compressor. should be cheap engough for them to do it.

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I was charged £60 at a garage for them to fit them..
Really transforms the car though, If i were you, I'd be saving money to lower the car, if you plan on keeping it for a while.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
improves handling loads its not so much lowering its cause there stiffer springs over the standard ones (this is the best mod you can do to a micra) it will handle like a gokart and will be better in wind's feels loads stable, will give you more conifidance in the car when entering a corner etc.

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I paid £140, for the springs and fitting.

Lowering makes the car handle much better, lowers the cars center of gravity, stiffens the ride, and, looks a damn sight better ;)