• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Alexx117's SR blog

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
Pick up a Micra sr saturday night drove it home and have to say its a wonderful car, just looks so much better than my old one and has a lot more power

Before (when i picked it up):

02012007.jpg

After (with white alloys):

090607_190818.jpg

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
lowering 50mm, front upper strut brace and full custom stainless exhaust system which i should get cheap cuz the guys a friend of my dads. i may tint the windows aswel.

Feel free to throw ideas aswel and if i was to de-cat it would i still pass the MOT?

most likely not with the de-cat, mot then decat (Y)
as for ideas get a laguna splitter, wind deflectors etc etc...its the small things that count (no sarcastic comments as i can see them coming my way lol). as said the cars tidy already so its a great base to build on

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
:laugh: small things that count.. i went to a scrappy not long ago and tried to get a laguna splitter but he said i could have it as its part of the bumper and if i took it he couldnt sell the bumper, sounded like BS to me but ahh well.

And i saw a 200sx any parts i could get off it? it had all decals on it and bodykit looked nice but i think the engine may be dead.

im not sure about wind deflectors ive always thought they looked really wierd lol and how abouts do i go around getting the rear windscreen wiper horizontal?

hmmm, maybe the brake calipers from the 200sx might fit. you will need the discs aswell.
as for the wiper i dont think you can because of the position the starting point of the motor sits at if you get what i mean. imo dewiper it. i have grommits and will send you one free of charge if you like.
heres a pic of what it looks like dewipered (excuse my messy boot its getting painted next week lol)
24q3e2o.jpg

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
i think i may keep the wiper cuz im so used to not having one it feels like a luxury :laugh: and i like the look, i just think ill tint the windows get it lowered and see how it looks then maybe tint rear lights?

and for 200sx ill see what i can get off it, if it doesnt fit i can always selll it on ebay or sumin

Robert

Ex. Club Member
windows tints, debadge and bumpstrip, then lower and play with the engine :)

There's a guide on here for modifying the wiper motor to sit horizontally, alternatively the second facelifts had horizontal wipers, so you could fit a motor from them.

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
yeah thanks for the advice (Y) ill be doing some things like that very soon! lol for now heres some pics of how she stands. :D

090608_192404.jpg
090608_192518.jpg

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
yeah when it comes down to your car, you know you can be picky.

I want a lip splitter lol. then get it sprayed black and also a set of 50mm lowering springs.. preferably cheaper than matts £150 unless i get 35mm and chop them but we wont go into that as ive seen the debate.

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
and it was like christmas all over again
this is what just came through the post:

090612_093751.jpg
090612_093816.jpg

excellenct service from matt, fast delivery and very well packed

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Wicked mate that was quick! Looking forward to seeing them fitted!

Like the Guitar Hero/Rock Band Sunburst guitar too (Y)

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
i hate you now how much were the 50mm springs mate as i want some for mine insted of the 35 mm

Came to £236 (the springs and panhard rod)

And my guitar hero guitar came free yesterday aswel lol :p

heres a pic of the car aswel:

090612_185022.jpg

The picture was taken shortly after, but it sits slightly lower atm cuz the springs are still settling

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
Looked at the 200sx in the scrappy yesterday whilst i was getting a new coolant expansion tank as i managed to put a hole in mine lol and they are 4 stud but the brakes look massive!

I might just buy them and try them on, if not i can sell them on, oh and its been modified as i you can tell from all the decals and the laguna splitter (Y)

Any one know of any parts that will fit respectively with a bit of modifying?

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
Update

Just recieved the backbox from wgc_daz and going to get it fitted when it stops raining, then ill get some photos and one ICE

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
Got the exhaust on yesterday and didnt come on here after was to excited by noise and was driving around all night lol Here's some photos aswel :)

car is in deperate need of clean btw

090724_155244.jpg
090724_155255.jpg
090724_155311.jpg

Think he was asking what back box you have lol. Looking good by the way, would be interesting to know if there is a difference in sound depending on wether you have the cg10 or cg13 i guess.

Flat_out

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
:eek: oh LOL.

IIRC its just custom made from stainless steel, with a bigger pipe than standard connecting to the pipe coming from the 2nd cat.

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
I have now got the back seats removed because my little brother was sick on the way back from gloucester and it was everywhere even down the bit where the seats fold, i tried cleaning it all up but it stank this morning on the way to work so i just removed them after a load of confusion because of the gromits so i got annoyed and just pulled them and they came off :D

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
Just a couple of pictures for an update, a pic of my spark plugs (which the one was firing up the side :p and a pic of a new skyline outside my girlfriends :D
090729_152959.jpg
090729_153018.jpg
090806_185830.jpg
090808_181956.jpg

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
NEWS FLASH..

Just crashed my car into a pond doing 20 round a corner and hit mud, slid and ended up in a pond lmao.

The water was only up to the sills so didnt go in my exhaust and we got some rope and used my mates car to tow it out :) and to my surprise there was no damage i'll get some pictures people took up soon

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
hahahah, rob - get lost and frank no ducks were harmed in the making of my stunt :) i still find it hilarious though how i got air and landed in a pond then we pulled it out using rope.

The first thing that went through my head was: "nooooo, my baby"

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
well i just drove 180 miles, up to nuneaton and back and everything is as it was before the pond incident.. and i just gave it a jetwash to get half the pond weed and mud off lol

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
Haha the pond was funny i think i've got water dwelling in my driving lights :p.

Anyway today got my janspeed de-cat fitted which was a nightmare and also got a new wing put on as my old one was a bit dodgy..

OP
OP
Alexx117

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
A little update.. my mate went into the back of my car last night, i braked for the lights as they were turning red but he thought i was gunna run them and accelerated then locked his brakes up and hit the back of my car and as hes a friend im not claiming unless i do and split the money to cover his insurance next year ;)

and as you can see my bumpers been dented which pushed through and bent the metal behind and ripped the bumper off the screws and shifted it across. the rest is self explanatory

090828_163513.jpg 090828_163533.jpg 090828_163548.jpg 090828_163602.jpg