aldi next week

Those jacks arent up to much to be honest, they tend to die out and start to lose pressure, Personally dont trust the folding axle stands either - they look really cheap lol.
The booster pack looks alright, The spark plug analyser might be alright. That battery tester looks ok too - but it might just read the voltage and not the current. Might go pick them up and see what they are like!
Nothing like the equipment we got in our workshop tho lol

I wouldn't want something like an axel stand to fold. The diagnostics look good though. If I want to check the leads I hold the plug against the body and look for a spark.

i have 2 sets of axel stands and 3 jacks from lidl and aldi, they are great and still work now, their about 1 1/2 years old now!

My axel stands are about 20 years old (passed down through the family lol). I need to get a jack so may get one of these, I'm still using the Nissan jack which is sooo slow

yer ive got some of the axle stands and they're perfectly good enough for a 600kg micra! they cant sell them if theyre likely to collapse on ur head!

i got the axle stand set today! looks pretty good! where it says "folding", it meant when not in use the legs fold into the body!! but when operational fold down and lock solid!!!

will be using them tomorrow so if i dont post in a couple of days.....can someone come check on me pleae :p

ye, i got the battery/ alternator tester £2.99
its got led,s for 5v,12v,12.5v,13v,13.5v and 14v, when you wire it on the battery it shows 12.5v, then 12v when you turn the ignition on, then 5v when you turn the starter and 14v when it fires up

Frank thats awesome! i was looking at those but got something similar so thought id leave it! thanks for posting this link as i wouldnt have got the axle stands otherwise and i realy needed them to work on the car etc and fit my wide arches so thanks!!

I've always been slightly confused, where do you lot stick your axle stands? Or do you use adaptors for the sills?

i put em exactly where it says on the haynes.. i think there is even a diagram on the jack? or tyre pressure bit?

Unfortunately, for the K11, Haynes says use the sill, but you need a special adaptor for the axle stands, which no one seems to know anything about!

Make one, get a lump of steel and use a grinder to cut a channel down the middle. Then it'll sit on the sill flat.

Back