Ak12 1.2 engine overheating

Try to understand me because i'm not really good in english. Water began to boil at 100°c. The cooling fan of the ak12 cr12de start turning when the engine reach 102°c. 102°c is too much for the radiator and the fan to evacuate all that heat. There is only two solution,first one is to swap the radiator for a bigger one. The second is to modifier the cooling fan to make it work at 90°c. You can do both of the solution if you want.

Water boils at 100C at Normal Atmospheric Pressure. If you go up a very high mountain, due to the reduction in atmospheric pressure water boils at a lower temperature. Car manufacturers have been using this fact for years, which is why car cooling systems are sealed and pressurised with pressure caps on the radiator. Doing this raises the boiling point of the water significantly and allows the engine to run more efficiently at a higher temperature. THIS is why you must NEVER open the pressure cap on the radiator with the engine running or just recently stopped. The reduction in pressure, back to NAP, causes the water in the block to instantly boil, probably shooting it straight over you! Hope that this explains the temperature that the cooling fan switches on, basic physics really.

Last edited:
that sounds like a normal operating temperature for such an effective little engine.
100 Degrees is fine because, as John said, the system is under pressure.
It can probably reach 120°C without boiling.
If your dash doesn't warn you with a red indicator, you should be fine.
but It souldn't get much hotter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back