Airbag light

i know theres quite a few forms but they all give different answers so i just wanted a bit of clarity, i have a 06 micra S and it doesnt even have 75K on the clock, and the airbag light is constantly on, also have a boot problem but thats for another thread. i am just wondering if theres a fix for this.

Last edited:
i know theres quite a few forms but they all give different answers so i just wanted a bit of clarity, i have a 06 micra S and it doesnt even have 75K on the clock, and the airbag light is constantly on, also have a boot problem but thats for another thread. i am just wondering if theres a fix for this.
If it is a 3 door it is probably the connection under the front right seat

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DE using Micra Sports Club mobile app

... a boot problem but thats for another thread. i am just wondering if theres a fix for this.
Most likely broken wires inside that black rubber cordial/elbow between vehicle chassis and trunk lid.
Mine had 6 wires broken, trunk lights and remote button to open trunk lid stopped to work.
I used similar to these Heat Shrink Butt Waterproof 26-10 AWG Wire Splice Connector Seal Terminal Hot to fix them!

s-l1600.jpg

To fix you need to know what the SRS module thinks is wrong. Try diagnostics mode - from the manual:

"Inspecting SRS malfunctioning parts by using "AIR BAG" warning lamp—Diagnosis mode
NOTE:
SRS will not enter Diagnosis mode if no malfunction is detected in User mode.
1. Turn ignition switch ON.
2. After “AIR BAG” warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second.
3. Wait more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat the steps 1 to 3 two times.
5. Turn ignition switch ON.
SRS is now in Diagnosis mode."

After step 5 the airbag indicator will light for seven seconds and then start flashing a sequence of error codes. Each code starts with either a 3 second flash or two 1½ second flashes followed by one or more ½ second flashes. Multiple errors mean multiple codes, but at some point the sequence will repeat. To exit Diagnosis mode repeat the steps 1-5.

Back