Airbag light on after removal/refit

Hi ,just joined MSC ...maybe someone can help me...I have a 08 K12

Following dimantling/removal/refit of most of the dashboard and components,including airbag module ...while investigating a heater fan problem which is now fixed and everything back working I noticed the airbag lights (orange on left side of clock and flashing red in clock centre)
The procedure I used I turned off the airbag at the side pillar with the key and removed the wiring clipped to the rhs ,allthough it didn't come out too easy,then unbolted the airbag carefully. Battery was disconnected during all this work. I seem to have put everything back in order..So just wondering could this be normal and need reprogramming or something...Any ideas ??

My usual way of resetting is to turn key to on til the airbag light comes on,switch to off. Repeat this for 3 times,do it on the 4th then start the car,usually switches mine off.

Hi Folks ,a belated thanks for the responses...I should say the orange airbag light has since gone out but the red one flashes 8 times when put in diagnostic mode ( which meansPassenger side Airbag fault.acc to workshop manual) but the fact the orange one goes out after 7 seconds means the airbag is actually ok.....so I guess the flashing is historical and I did try your procedure ( switching on and off 3 times to no avail) . I guess the only solution is to plug in a Consult or equivalanet to switch it off which will a charge from the Nissan dealer...For the moment a piece of black tape is covering the flashing red light which is keeping the missus happy..but any more ideas welcome

It's a very common fault,and not usually any thing more than dust on a sensor or a fault in one ofbthe blanks for the seat air bag connections. Again,the key turning trick usually shuts mine out.

Thanks again Chris..but am I correct in saying the above..i.e. the orange light on the left of theclock goes out after 7 seconds but the red then starts to flash in a sequence ...eight times,repeatedly and according to the manual its the passenger airbag ....I wonder if I disconnected the battery ,now that I think of it..it hasn't been disconnected since everything put back..

Which age/model is yours. On my 2004 model it only has one airbag light,which is the red one. Ive now got the clocks off the facelift (the chrome dials clocks) and have only seen red airbag light on this also. Is possible there is an issue,but 9 out of 10,its usually a harmless blip.

thanks Chris,mine is an 08 model...I think it has an individual passenger airbag light to remind you to turn it on if you had switched it off by key at the lefthand side.. if you were carrying a child in a carseat facing backwards as is required by law...So if you switched it off the lamp would stay on after the 7 second test at start up.Do you have that feature in your 04 model

Im not sure tbh,dont have kids so have never needed to check before lol The red airbag light started on mine this week after the dreaded p0340 code. Again tho,the key routine shut it off. Think the other prob is the airbag ecu is under the gear/handbrake lever trim,which in mine gets routed in dirt.

Back