airbag light flashing?

Hello all, I am new to the forum, I bought a 2005 1.2 auto with only 14,500 on the clock for my wife recently and yesterday she braked rather hard and now the airbag light is flashing, I have tried the reset method which involves turning the ignition key in a certain sequence and this works fine for a while but the fault seems to return, so maybe a trip to the stealers is in order or has anyone got any other ideas? Many thanks.

I have the same problem with my 03 auto, but you can only see it flashing in the dark, not in the daylight????

It's been on a diagnostic and no codes came up, i'm going to try the ignition trick.........

This is a post from my blog..

A few times now my Airbag warning light has started flashing <_<
The first time it happened, of course, I panicked, and took her to Nissan...and was £30 lighter 15 minutes later :rolleyes:
anyway I later discovered a resetting trick on another Nissan forum...as follows:

First turn off the radio and switch the ignition off.

Then…

1. Turn the ignition from off to on.

2. The airbag warning light will stay on for approx 7 seconds, as soon as it goes off (within 1 sec) turn off ignition.
3. Wait for more than 3 seconds.

4. Repeat steps 1- 3 two more times.

5. Turn ignition switch back on again.

Now turn off the ignition for at least one second and then back on.

This should now have reset the light. If the light comes back on again then it would be fair to say that you have an airbag fault.

I found that it took more than 3 goes to reset it, more like 7...

After I'd had it sorted I spoke to the technician and they told me that the loom under the passenger seat is identical in the 3 and 5 door models
...of course the 3 door models seats move forward, unlike the 5 door's seats that don't need to
...so this wire is not really long enough... <_<
Now when I need to put something on the back seat I either slide forward the drivers seat or just tilt the passenger one ;)

it is a pain in the arse...and sometimes it looks like it won't reset...if after 10 goes it's still flashing there may actually be something wrong ;)

Back