airbag flashing light

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi All, I know we may have all had this problem at one point in the life of our cars, mine is a k11 built Oct 2002. I have read up on resetting the fault and have read that there were wires under the front seat of my K11 which there are not !! and tried some ideas but to no aval and my mechanic has reset the airbag light once already. But the fault came back when either I slowly bumped in to the wall at the back of my garage or when I twisted the seatbelt and had to tug at the belt to realine it. My mechanic says it is the seatbelt which could cost me £113 which I would refer not to pay for, as I'm on a low wages at the moment so if anyone knows of a cheaper version if available I would prefer new stock, instead of S/H as they may have the same fault.

yours Peter0003

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
There's a guide somewhere here on resetting it by pressing the door switch and turning the ignition on and off or something ridiculous like that. Have a search for it online and it should pop up. Haven't it saved myself as I don't have airbags so can't help anymore than that.

15107200_10208046655909840_552272987958988574_n.jpg

If the seatbelt is actually damaged, then the light will not switch off until the seatbelt is replaced, but you can get cheap seatbelts from scrapyards for no more than £20 and they're easy to fit.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi All, I know we may have all had this problem at one point in the life of our cars, mine is a k11 built Oct 2002. I have read up on resetting the fault and have read that there were wires under the front seat of my K11 which there are not !! and tried some ideas but to no aval and my mechanic has reset the airbag light once already. But the fault came back when either I slowly bumped in to the wall at the back of my garage or when I twisted the seatbelt and had to tug at the belt to realine it. My mechanic says it is the seatbelt which could cost me £113 which I would refer not to pay for, as I'm on a low wages at the moment so if anyone knows of a cheaper version if available I would prefer new stock, instead of S/H as they may have the same fault.

yours Peter0003
Hi Everyone, I have tried the method Nissan boy has sent in, didn't work so I'm going to try a second seat belt and the only catch with that is how do I know if thsi s/h one doesn't have the same fault?