air restriction over 5000rpm

My car is currently at a local tuning garage getting mapped with a td04l turbo on a CGA3DE run by emerald k6 ecu. A map sensor was fitted car is making great power up to 5000rpm then starts to run rich not getting enough air the turbo is set 7psi and does make boost. I am guessing there is either an issue with the MAF or an issue with the valves not opening properly. Got an even 150psi on a compression test before going to the garage (running a 1.5mm decomp plate). Everything on the fuel side is running fine larger primera injectors and adjustable fuel pressure regulator etc.

Anyone had that problem in the past and help would be much appreciated i hoping to see the garage tomorrow. I do have a spare cylinder head and throttle body inc MAF hopefully don't have to change the head.

frank

Club Member
the maf is 60mm dia tho vic, it is probably maxing out in terms of voltage, but wont be restricting the airflow

OP
OP
Vic222
What the guy said over the phone "engine is loosing power at 5000rpm and beginning to run rich not getting enough air". Removed the air filter etc still the same. The car was mapped before on k6 with rally cams and had a soft cut limit at 7000rpm was running great i have removed the rally cams for the turbo since i broke them. I have heard about valves floating at 5000rpm.

frank

Club Member
personally, i cant see how its not getting enough air with a td04l force feeding it ??
do you have a crank sensor fitted vic ?

OP
OP
Vic222
Just the stock cga3 sensors plus map and intake temp sensor (which was installed prior to mapping). I am confused by it aswell. The rocker cover gasket was leaking so he is going to replace it. I have stanis old turbo kit with a new turbo and air filter so the setup is proven to work in terms of piping. I didn't boost the car much before getting it mapped cause i didnt want to blow the engine drove below 4k rpm.

OP
OP
Vic222
I believe the problem could be the valve timing being 1 tooth out. Inlet valve closing too early I have been told the car will still run but loose power at top end. In isn't maf frank after talking to the garage, they are using the map and intake temperature to work out the air volume. Will have to take the car back and muck about with the timing lol.