air/fule ratio meter?

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Well before you get into ordering EMS equipment, have you managed to get the car started and idling properly on it's current setup?

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
It's rare that I give out information on this forum, but I don't want to see you procure lots of equipment and find it to be of no use to you.

The reason I ask is, the airflow sensor that you took from an existing throttlebody is liable to be out of calibration due to the airtube being cut off. As a result the VQ map that the standard ecu is programmed with to match, which will be the base you will be adjusting off, may not be reliable and I am doubtful that it will give a reliable VQ v's RPM for mapping purposes.

OP
OP
micras69

micras69

Deactivated Account
It's rare that I give out information on this forum, but I don't want to see you procure lots of equipment and find it to be of no use to you.

The reason I ask is, the airflow sensor that you took from an existing throttlebody is liable to be out of calibration due to the airtube being cut off. As a result the VQ map that the standard ecu is programmed with to match, which will be the base you will be adjusting off, may not be reliable and I am doubtful that it will give a reliable VQ v's RPM for mapping purposes.

right, so should i get a new one and dont remove any of the air tube?

what should i do about the fuleing?

and thanks for the help mate!