air flow meter

Rob

Cosworth turbo'd 1.3
Finally got the micra up and running and im using the SR20DET air flow meter.

Wouldnt run with it plugged in - signal wire reading 5v! so i know the AFM is dead.

Can i use the micra throttle body air mass meter for now? if so how much boost can they handle?

Thanks

Rob

Finally got the micra up and running and im using the SR20DET air flow meter.

Wouldnt run with it plugged in - signal wire reading 5v! so i know the AFM is dead.

Can i use the micra throttle body air mass meter for now? if so how much boost can they handle?

Thanks

Rob
mine,s running on the stock t/b rob, it did leak air around the little tin cover (but only because it had been disturbed for the soldering trick tho i guess)

Mine has ran fine on stock TB for ages...only seems to start to off the scale at high rpm (why im currently upgrading), this is with the SC producing 7 psi.

mine,s running on the stock t/b rob, it did leak air around the little tin cover (but only because it had been disturbed for the soldering trick tho i guess)

Thanks chaps, helpful as always. :)

Soldering trick Frank?

Thanks chaps, helpful as always. :)

Soldering trick Frank?
the tin plate on the side has to be taken off to re solder the MAF sensor (common problem) but if not sealed back up boosted micras will leak air from there (as i found out whilst problem solving :D )

aye :) and my maf did,nt appear to be maxing out lol (off the scale sub 10:1 a/f/r,s throughout :)

P7080008.JPG

Don't mean to hijack the thread rob but on the topic of maf meters I think mine is on its way out but its on a coilpack engine would it be worth trying one from a scrappy?

Don't mean to hijack the thread rob but on the topic of maf meters I think mine is on its way out but its on a coilpack engine would it be worth trying one from a scrappy?
there are a few threads on the coilpack (bosch) maf,s belly

Planning a Turbo build similar to that of Stani's, TD04 mated to Glanza manifold and DP, sr20det 370cc injectors, Modified DE fuel rail, nistune but My question is would an Almera GTi MAF work okay? I only ask as I have a known working MAF and pigtail from the loom here off my old N15 that I broke last year

Back