Air Filter

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
Well my first mod is the induction kit, got a universal cone from my mate and a few bits of rubber piping and a few jubilee clips and its complete. I used the original cold air feed for the air box as the cold feed for the filter, gives the car a bit more grunt when driving about, heres a few pics of the kit and the car in general.

Daz

13-filter.jpg

12-filter2.jpg

19-front.jpg

27-grille.jpg

What ya all think?

Titch

Micra K11ng
Weird looking at you car, as it's just the same as mine was! We'll need to get a pic of them both together, like a before and after!

OP
OP
K10Daz

K10Daz

Well i have my exhaust
12-125x85.jpg
to go on, hopefully wayne will be doing that for me on saturday! It only took me a month or so to get my stickers lol Not that im botherd as i was driving the clio and got the stickers a few days before i got the k11 so i wasnt annoyed, plus i had full forum acces which was the reason i joined in the first place

OP
OP
K10Daz

K10Daz

should have paid £100 for it but i know the guy at the place an iv bought loads from there includin bits for the induction kit an stuff so i paid £70 for it! Gonna see what the rest of the exhaust is like an if there is a mid pipe then its going an thinkin bout decatting it but worried bout cops coz they are pains throo this way wi decats!

Cheers tho danni, glad ya like it lol its unusual thats why i bought it, nobody round bout here has one the same, i like to be different!

Daz

Titch

Micra K11ng
Nice one that is mate! Will have to cut the bumper slighlty to make it fit, just don't **** it up like i did!
Will have a close inspection on Saturday.

OP
OP
K10Daz

K10Daz

Naw it wasnt off ebay its off ma mates cosworth, He cleaned it for me just before i got it, so nothing dodgy about it at all matey. I dont trust ebay enough to buy from it lol

Daz

oh an it probs looks dodgy because i did it lol

OP
OP
K10Daz

K10Daz

A plant pot that makes a nice sound when i open the throttle body! It doesnt actually look that bad when you see it! Just because its not K&N doesnt mean its ****e!

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
Wouldn't be too worried how to looks, more worried about the way it filters air. What make is it?

OP
OP
K10Daz

K10Daz

Dono wat make it is, thers no name on it! It filters air fine, its jus like your normal k&n except it has a plastic cover round it!

JayY

How do you what the filteration is like? Also if it has plastic cover round it wouldn't that restric the air going in? Where you have the plastic cover, the K&N is all open (to air).

OP
OP
K10Daz

K10Daz

If the filteration is good enough for a cosworth its good enough for the micra FFS! The cover covers the filter, and doesnt touch it! The air can still flow as freely into the filter, except the filter is coverd by the plastic cover!

JayY

Oh right i see. Just because its good enough for a cosworth (err! ford!) doesn't mean it willl be for a micra! well as long as your happy with it!

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
The 'plant pot' is supposed to keep air cold, as long as there is a decent enough supply of air going to it it shouldn't restrict perfromance