Air filter box

Air filter box.
Can I replace the air filter box with a different version.
Like look the same and the top part has a broken bolt tab at the rear.
I think it's Ax6 not sure what that's from the description was saying 1.2 so might be from a different year the air intake looks larger.
Does anyone know if they are interchangeable or what this part number was from originally.

ROCKER COVER GASKET
Product ID: Ncp-007-pcs4

I'm trying find a set of these do they come in a set of 4.

Last edited:
Try this web site for part numbers:

Check your model on the list and take a note of the part number, then check the 1.2 on the list and check the part number to see if they tally?if they do then you will know if they will fit, the petrol versions are different to mine, however the cross checking of parts though different versions is still a good start.:unsure:

That is helpful here is what I see.
In the engine bay the one I have is ax605. (perhaps this is would match then engine from another micra)
Since its not the original.
When I cross reference what I think it should be says ax600. This is what I should have if was original engine.

The part I bought is an Ax6 so not to be confusing the air filter box does not have those pop rivets in the side instead it's sealed with a gasket as far as I can see.
The air intake port looks to be larger although I'm unable to confirm that.

When I'm searching the site I would normally go for the third row down as I take it 2002 to 2005 late 2005 March version I have.
Manual. 3 door. Com

I do think they all look the same and just might have to try joining the top of old with bottom of new or replace as one.
It may be a while now as I'm waiting for another set of rings for the spark plug area.
As I doubt they will remove with out troubles.
Seems daft to have put them in upside down newb mistake.
Once that's done I will be able to check for leaks.
I do not have any leak down tools.
But found it might be worth while cleaning the pcv valve as this could cause what problem I have had recently.
If blocked it won't release recirculate and just build up causing over pressure.?

all I can confirm is march editions and again its the particular destination that the car is sold in will have different specifications depending on the climatic conditions the car has to operate in. hot dry conditions will tend to have larger airbox or larger inlet apetures. so be carefull, my aftercooler on the march edition has larger out ports than the UK edition, so you can see it all about study and crosschecking specs. hope this info helps.

It's a UK micra sorry I mean the month as being March for the build of the car.
I will keep it in mind because in North we do need to have the smaller air Inlet otherwise I will imagine it may cause problems in freezing temps.

That is partly right, however it is about air to oxygen levels per volume of air, cold air contains more oxygen for the combustion process, however hot air contains less oxygen for the same volume of air, hence cars in hotter dryer climates need an increase in air volume as to contain the required level of oxygen to burn in the combustion process and the cars are adjusted to run for the climatic conditions that they are going to be sold in.?

When I Google search return is 1.2 Cr version and most of the links are European.
I will just compare them both the bottom half and see if they are any different as that is the main part I'm interested in using.