Air box mod

Ok has any one got any air box mods that i can try out.
i want a bit more of a throtie sound when i acelarate.

Its just the standard air box that is on it the now.
was thinkiing about drilling holes in it??
or taking the top panel of the filter housing off and leave the filter in place and use a pair of tights as the new top panel to stop dirt from getting in???

You recon any of them would work or does anyone know a better way???

We've drilled mine and it seems ok. As long as the air is still filtered it should be fine. Have you considered an afternarket cone filter that you can bolt straight onto the throttle body? That'll give you better response with a decent exhaust system.

Shero

Ex. Club Member
aye, get a cone and some piping / ducting and stuff, ull get a good noise no bother. id ditch the drilling holes and stuff, you will be better off with a cone. and could only cost a few notes for a far better mod :D

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
I wouldn't bother with a cone, better noise yes but will take power not give any.
For power: GA16 airbox with K&N panel filter and bigger intake pipe
For sound: Cone filter sat ontop of the TB

OP
OP
D
not sure what the GA16 isfwn seen the GA this and that wrote about the forum but not sure what each of them are
i am presuming its the 1.6 engine???

not wanting to lose any power its only a 1.0 with little enough as it is lol

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
Each type of engine has it's own code. The GA series came in the Almera and Primera mostly in this country. GA16 being the common one.

So look for a 1.6 Almera or 1.6 Primera and there will most likely be a GA16 engine in there.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
you can take the normal inlet/resonator pipework and cut it out, making a new hole in the airbox suitable for those 2" metal extendy indution pipes (or anything similar) once bonded into the box you'll get a noticable difference over stock.

Guys if i add a cone filter and lets say a janspeed full system, wont it need more fuel so it can function properly? I mean a fuel regulater (fuel valve). I read that getting the janspeed mod and staying with normal fuel setup, it will damage it...

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Whats the point of the resonator pipe on stock airbox? it seems to go nowhere.

Is this a joke? If so, I approve.

If not, it is there to revert pulses back to the inlet manifold to reduce NVH at a certain point within the rev range.

Craig

Is NVH = noise vibration harshness?
I wanted only to know if it would damage the exhaust system... Excuse me if im not an expert hairylegs...

so is changing the location of the piping (to where a direct source of air) the best option or to increase the diameter of it and leave it as is.

WillyMicra

Ex. Club Member
maybe if some1 has done this start a new thread on how to do it?
just for the people that wanna do slight mods like this
cheers

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
so is changing the location of the piping (to where a direct source of air) the best option or to increase the diameter of it and leave it as is.

yes, something along these lines:
Intakepipe.jpg