air bag warning

My Mrs recently moved her driver seat to clean the carpets and now the air bag warning light is constantly flashing. Has anyone else had this problem?

Would anyone know how to fix?

check under the seat, the wire for the side aibag snags easily and comes unplugged, it happened to mine before... wire with a yellow tip on it :D should be the only wire under there

I am a little late with the answer :) but better late than never.
If Mrs kennyboy is still driving her Micra with the Airbag warning light blinking, you can try this:

1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. Air bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, then turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turns off.
3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice. (Perform 3 times in total.)
5. Turn ignition switch to ON. (Self-diagnostic mode turns to Diagnostic mode.)

When you enter diagnostic mode with the steps above, the light starts blinking to tell you what the problem is - loose connection, problem with a crash sensor or other airbag stuff.
If the problem was as with my K12 - when moving the seat the cables are not snapped but I guess they are loose in the connections - when you do not move your seat to front or back they are fine. So when you exit the diagnostic mode, the airbag error is erased and the airbag light starts acting normally :)
Exiting diagnostic mode is done by simply turning the ignition switch back to OFF from ON.
Hope that helps.
P.S I am doing this every time each of the front seats are moved - it works. I know that I am lazy for not fixing the connectors under the seats, there are two of them - one for the seat belt pretensioner and one for the airbag located in the back of the front seats (that protect the arm-elbow area).

Back